SASS Not Working

• I am working on a new blog and using SASS (SCSS) to customize a theme is not working. I can see my sass code working when editing, but not when I view the blog outside the editor. What am I missing? Doesn’t wordpress.com support SASS? I am just using variables to keep colors organized.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• The WordPress.com CSS editor does support Sass. I checked out the custom CSS for http://pmurphy01810.wordpress.com/ and I the first few things I spot-checked were working for me without any trouble, like the $blue menu color hover color of #0039a6 and the $footer-title color of #fff.

I did notice that at least one of the rules isn’t working because the CSS syntax isn’t right, but I can’t tell if this one rule was just overlooked and the color is what it should be when I view it even though the #f7f5e7 $footer-bg isn’t really showing for the footer. Also, the live preview on the Appearance → Customize page matches the one on the front end when I compare the two.

In your SCSS, you have this:

$footer-bg:#f7f5e7;
    .site-footer {
        background-color:$footer-bg;
    }

But if you really wanted the footer background to be #f7f5e7 then you would need to update the selector to this:

$footer-bg:#f7f5e7;
    .site-footer .sidebar-container {
        background-color:$footer-bg;
    }

I can see my sass code working when editing, but not when I view the blog outside the editor.

We did fix a bug related to the Sass CSS editor yesterday, but the problem was the opposite of what you described: the view in the editor didn’t show the Sass code working but it did work on the front end. That bug was fixed late last night.

Could you try refreshing, or even re-saving your custom CSS, and then checking it again and let me know if you’re still having any trouble with it? If you’re still having trouble, could you let me know if the issue is just with some of the CSS rules or all of them?

• The topic ‘SASS Not Working’ is closed to new replies.