RSS Feed error on blog?

• I an RSS feed that I link to on my home page, and it has been working. Recently, I have been getting the error “An error has occurred; the feed is probably down.” My site is kevinandjannbradford.com, the rss feed is here:

https://www.wycliffe.org/feeds/blog

That blog is up and lists that as its rss feed, and it is accessible.

Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi –

Have you tried deleting the widget entirely and setting it up from scratch? I’m happy to do it from my side too. Just let me know.

I did check the site in a few different browsers, but that made no difference. It appears broken across the board.

• Thanks for the reply. Removing and setting up the widget again didn’t seem to help.

Support from the other blog whose feed I am trying to use told me that “It appears the issue is actually with his WordPress plugin, since other RSS feeders have no problem working with Wycliffe’s feed”

Maybe I am out of luck? Is there another WordPress.com option for RSS feeds?

Thanks…

• Hi there,

The RSS feed is correct and as you can see from the following screenshot I was able to add it to your sidebar.

Please clear your browser’s cache and try adding the RSS widget once more.

• I still cannot add it…I have been using the WordPress.com Windows application (version 4.2.0). It still gives me the same issue.

I also tried using Microsoft Edge after clearing cache – same issue (I left it published).

How did you add it? Did you use another browser/client?

Thanks…

• I used Chrome, but I also tested it with Firefox and it works as well. When pasting the RSS feed into the widget wait a bit until the feed starts displaying before you hit the Publish button.

If that doesn’t work try adding the widget from the classic dashboard:

https://kevinandjannbradford.com/wp-admin/widgets.php

If this still doesn’t work or you have more questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help!

• No luck. I tried both Chrome and the Classic Dashboard link that you gave me, same issue (fyi, site is currently left as published with the classic dashboard).

When I paste it into the widget, it doesn’t start displaying the feed – if I wait, I just get the same error message currently on the site, that the feed might be down.

I am working and living in Africa, and have a slow (but functional) internet connection. I can’t think of what other differences there might be between us?

Chrome version : Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10

• I tried adding the feed but I got the same results as you did. Looks like the first time I got lucky.

However, I tried loading the feed on a new browser window and found out that it takes quite a bit of time to load. Therefore, I assume that it isn’t loading due to a timeout limit.

Can you reach out to the site owner asking them if they recently did any changes to their feed?

• The topic ‘RSS Feed error on blog?’ is closed to new replies.