Reusable Block error

• Whenever I create a block which I want to re-use – When I click add a reusable block on my website I get an error.
    It says: Block has been deleted or is unavailable. Then I get the following error:

The editor has encountered an unexpected error. Attempt recovery Copy Post Text Copy Error

I am using Rebalance 2. I have created a reusable block a few weeks ago with no problems. This issue has persisted over the last few days. It occurs in new posts or when editing a post.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I use a few re-useable blocks on my site and haven’t encountered anything like this. I’m able to re-use, and edit existing blocks, or create new ones without any errors.

Can you please clarify if this happens when you try to create a re-useable block, or when you try to use one previously created? If the latter, can you give the name of the block that should exist on your site?

The “unexpected error” makes me think this might rather be a browser issue affecting the editor’s functioning for you only. Please try clearing your browser cache, and also see if trying to use these blocks in a different browser has any different result.

• Hi, it was occurring when I tried to create a new re-usable block. I think you are correct in saying it is a browser issue. I have happily edited my site during the past year using my Windows 10 tablet and Microsoft Edge.

The situation today is that I cannot access WordPress.com from Microsoft Edge at all! I have cleared cache and cookies and I just get a blank screen when attempting to access any part of WordPress.com including login!

However, I have just switched to Internet Explorer and I can access my site as normal and I can create re-usable blocks.

So it seems to be a Microsoft Edge issue.

Thanks for your help.

• The topic ‘Reusable Block error’ is closed to new replies.