Retrieve my domain

• Retrieve my domain

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello, I purchased my domain through WordPress.com not realizing that I wouldn’t be able to fully customize HTML and JavaScript via Explorer plan. I proceeded to cancel my domain and plan through WordPress.com but wanted to know how long it takes for the domain to be released so that the domain will be made available again?

• I am wondering how long does it take the domain to be officially canceled, so that I could be able to re-register it on WordPress or other host, if no one else has already.

• Hi there!

If you’ve canceled a domain, please be aware that it may not be immediately available for purchase elsewhere. Don’t worry though, we have some options available to help you out:

Option 1: Wait a few days. After about five days from cancellation, the domain may be released and available for purchase again. As long as no one else buys it before you, you can purchase it with another provider.

Option 2: Repurchase the domain through us. We can send you an invoice to restore the domain. Once it’s restored, you’ll be able to point it to a new host. After 60 days, you can transfer the registration to another provider.

Option 3: Repurchase a plan to host your site with us. If you don’t want to worry about the domain, you can buy an annual plan without the domain option and update us here.

Just let us know which option you prefer and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

Reply to Retrieve my domain