removing the “uri to trackback” reference on each post

• Anyone know how I can remove this reference from each entry?

————————————
    The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

http://<blog name>.wordpress.com/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.
    ————————————

My clients really don’t care about this but would like to leave the comment box

• Change the theme. Unfortunately it’s hard coded into some themes and we can’t get rid of it as we can’t modify the themes.

Sorry!

• actually i found a way! i modified the “Discussion” attributes for this page. I’ve set up the site as a series of pages rather than blog entries. It’s going to be a pretty static site. Anyway, I unchecked the options for “Allow Pings” and “Allow Comments” and they’ve disappeared.

Two items remain, however:

===========
    RSS feed for comments on this post.

Comments are closed.
    ===========

Any way to kill those? I hope it’s not a theme modification issue

• fixed it!

this post was very helpful but didn’t quite solve the problem
    https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=7837&page&replies=16

i pasted this code into the stylesheet editor

.nocomments {
    display:none;
    }

#trackback {
    display:none;
    }

• This is not related but somehow related to the trackbacks and removing some text.

Whenever there is a trackback from Pressrow theme this is what it reads:

<Post Title> Jump to Comments <post content>

Is there any way to make the text ‘Jump To Comments’ not appear in a trackback? I had thought excerpt would do the trick but it doesn’t and ‘Jump To Comments’ in a trackback looks bad, really bad.

Any way other than changing the theme?

• You know that setting things up as a series of pages is going to hurt the google juice and technorati juice, quite massively. Since you mention clients, I am thinking blogging might be something they got into to raise that very juice, so this workaround is counterproductive. Also, your stats will be basically rendered useless, as WordPress doesn’t count hits on pages.

• raincoaster:

? :O

• Pages, as I understand it, don’t register at all on Technorati; only Posts do. And the way the tag system works at WordPress.com, posts with tags automatically have a link to the tag page, which links back to them. Pages don’t get this benefit, because they’re not tagged (at least, not in the themes I’m aware of).

Also, Pages aren’t counted in your hit count; that’s what I’ve always been told. Right now I have a link elsewhere to a page on my blog, and I can see incoming traffic in the “Referrers” column, but I don’t think they get counted in the graph total at all unless they leave that page and go to the posts.

• I think I did not detail my problem clearly.

When I link to a post on another blog, it sends a trackback/pingback to that particular post. That particular post to which I have trackbacked shows the trackback as a comment.

From pressrow theme, the comment looks like this

<the title of the post > then text “Jump to Comments” (since every post has a jump to comments link, it is deemed as part of the post, which it is not

What I wanted to ask is: is there any way we can prevent the text “Jump to comments” from appearing in the trackback?

• I was only talking about using the workaround of making all the parts of the blog pages rather than posts. If that’s not what you’re going to do to get around it, this won’t apply at all.

And sorry, no idea how to tweak that bit of text. It seems like something that would be hard-coded. Perhaps a staff member will weigh in on that.

• The topic ‘removing the “uri to trackback” reference on each post’ is closed to new replies.