Removing symbols on vimeo link

• Hi there,

I am trying to make a clean, simple artist page. Some of my work are documented in video and linked with vimeo. I have the free version of vimeo since I don’t have a large activity. This means I can’t control the embedding. That is remove action symbols (like, watch later), nor details (profile picture, title, byline, vimeo logo).

I have been trying to google if there is another way of removing these symbols (a css code?), but without success. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about? Or had similar problems?

(I use a theme called tonal and don’t have a childs theme)

Kindest Johna

• Hi Johna,

The only way to remove those icons is if Vimeo offers that option via the embed code on their end.

Embedded content cannot be modified using CSS, as everything controlling how the embedded video player looks and works come from Vimeo’s end. The embed functionality on your site literally just inserts what Vimeo sends us.

That said, your site is not hosted with us, just connected here via Jetpack, so you’re using the open source version of WordPress found on WorsdPress.org. Support for your version of WordPress can be found here:

https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

You might try asking there if anyone knows of a Vimeo plugin you can use instead of the built-in embed option. That’s the only other way I can think of that you might be able to have more control over this.

• The topic ‘Removing symbols on vimeo link’ is closed to new replies.