Removing sidebar in Lovecraft

• The directions on customizing the page say “You can publish a page that will not show any sidebar on the right. To do that, go to the Page editing screen and in the Page Options module, click and select Full-Width, No Sidebar from the drop-down menu. Click Publish or Update button to save your changes. The page you just edited will not show the sidebar anymore.”

I’m sorry, but I cannot find the “page editing” screen or the “page options” module.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

The Lovecraft Overview needs some updating in the Full-Width Page Template section that you’ve quoted from.

What is referred to there as the “Page editing screen” is nothing more than the page editor, which can be reached via My Sites as described in the Edit Pages Screen support page.

The “Page Options” module is was replaced by a Page Attributes module a few years ago. See the Page Attributes support page. The Template section of the Page Attributes support page provides information and instructions on how to change the template on themes that have optional page templates.

• @staff,

Hi. The Full-Width Page Template section of the Lovecraft Overview needs updating as I’ve indicated above. Specifically, at least the following changes are needed:

1. The phrase “Page editing screen” should be changed to “page editor.”
    2. The “Page Options” module referred to and illustrated in the section no longer exists, so both the text that refers to it and the illustration require updating to reflect the corresponding module in the latest page editor.

• Thanks for bringing that up @musicdoc1, we’ll have a look.

• The topic ‘Removing sidebar in Lovecraft’ is closed to new replies.