Remove link, etc. from header image

• Site: riderwoodlife.com

The header image, a horizontal bar, is, by default, linked. I want to remove the link and associated styling. We are using the twenty-twenty theme.

None of the solutions that I read on the forum do the job.

Thanks.

/Roger

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

You can add the following code to your custom CSS settings, which will remove the header image and link:

img.header-image {
        display: none;
    }

Hope this helps!

• I do NOT want to remove the header image. It is, be default, LINKED to the home page for our site. It is the link and associated custom CSS we have for links. FWIW, the custom CSS is used to make our links stand out for our population of seniors. The custom CSS is:

a {color:#0000ff;font-size:1.2em;cursor:pointer;font-weight:bold;}
    a:hover {background-color:#E0F8E0;border-radius:5px;padding:2px;border:black solid 1px;}
    .entry-content a:visited,
    comment-content a:visited {color:#819FF7;}

I hope this clarifies my objective.

/Roger

• There isn’t a way to remove a link without directly editing the theme, which is a bit outside the scope of support we can offer here.

For that, I recommend reaching out to the theme’s support at https://wordpress.org/support/theme/twentytwenty/

What we can do with CSS is override the custom CSS on just this link by adding:

.site-title a {
        color: #757575 !important;
    }

.site-title a:hover {
        background-color: rgba(255,255,255,.95) !important;
        border: none !important;
        padding: 0px !important;
    }
  • Thanks for taking a look but, close; no cigar. By changing “title “to “header,”

/* Unlink header image */
    site-header a {color: #757575 !important;}
    .site-header a:hover {
    background-color:rgba(255,255,255,.95) !important;
    border: none !important;
    padding: 0px !important;}
    /* END Unlink header image */

Makes styling disappear but does NOT remove the actual link. The custom CSS also negatively affects desired CSS on other links.

Hoping for more . . . /R

• Makes styling disappear but does NOT remove the actual link.

Yes, as mentioned, that cannot be removed via CSS (without out just removing the whole thing, text and all).

You would need to directly editing the theme, which is a bit outside the scope of support we can offer here.

For that, I recommend reaching out to the theme’s support at https://wordpress.org/support/theme/twentytwenty/

The custom CSS also negatively affects desired CSS on other links.

The modification you posted above will affect links under the site header section, that includes the menu.

The original proposal would have only targeted site title.

Do you want it to affect the whole header section, or just the title?

• The topic ‘Remove link, etc. from header image’ is closed to new replies.