Reduce site size

• I need to reduce site size (so says Jetpack backup…). Suggestion is to reduce my media library but all images are in use in my blog posts or featured images. Plus I have only uploaded images with image size 720×480. There are 400 images but according to a plugin they only take up 29mb. So, any suggestions to reduce site size?

WP.com: Unknown
    Jetpack: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

Your access to Jetpack Backup suggests that you have at least the Pro Plan (Legacy) or the Business Plan. With either you have access to Live Chat Support via the Contact Form. I think you’ll find that service more expeditious and convenient than using the community forums.

Also, even the legacy free plan gets 3GB free storage space. The 29MB you mention would be less than 1% of the available space on a free plan. It would be only about .06% on the Pro Plan, and .014% on the Business Plan, just a tiny fraction of available storage in either case.

So receiving a “reduce site size” suggestion from JetPack Backup seems odd given the small percentage of storage space used by the 29MB of images you report. Is there possibly a lot of storage space being used on a combination of audio, video, and zip files?

• Hi @debsnelson

It sounds like you are needing help with the Jetpack plugin (Jetpack Backups, specifically) but have landed on the support forum for WordPress.com sites instead. Can you please report this issue to Jetpack support by asking here? They will be happy to get you sorted, thanks!

Contact Support
  • The topic ‘Reduce site size’ is closed to new replies.