Recent Posts widget on Neo-Sapien

• I just switched my blog over to the Neo-Sapien theme. I had hoped to continue using the recent posts widget but none of the sidebars are wide enough. (The titles show incompletely or across several lines. It’s barely readable.) Has anyone had success using this widget with the Neo-Sapien theme? How did you do it?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• That is a very old theme and that is just the way that it was designed. Those things can be adjusted in the CSS with the Custom Design upgrade.

The problem with neo is that it is 1000px wide and that means it is already right at the maximum overall width you would want to use for widest monitor resolution compatibility so widening any or all of the sidebars means that some would end up having to scroll horizontally to see all the stuff. On neo, the right-hand sidebar left/right sections have the same selector which means you cannot hide one of them to be able to make the remaining sidebars narrower. You can hide the left one though and then you could widen the remaining two sidebars on the right.

• Thanks for the info. It sounds like I’m going to have to leave it as-is. Besides the issue of money for the custom upgrade, I need my background image showing through on the left side. And making people scroll horizontally would defeat the whole point. I almost never use pictures, so I’m depending on my background for some visual interest.

• The topic ‘Recent Posts widget on Neo-Sapien’ is closed to new replies.