Publisher limits playback of video embeds.

• Hi,

I just downloaded the VideoPress plugin to my blog (investinhungary.com), and payed 60$ for it, but I got this when I tried to watch my first uploaded video:

VideoPress Error
    investinhungary.com is not an allowed embed site.
    Publisher limits playback of video embeds.

When I began the process on the videopress.com by clicking the “Get started” button, I wrote here:

“Enter your blog URL

This will be the web address of the blog you’re adding VideoPress to. It can be your own custom domain or a blog on WordPress.com.”

This: http://investinhungary.com

But I didn’t want to create a new WP blog. I would like to use VideoPress on my existing site.

How can I solve this problem without paying for redirection, or something?

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Regards,

Istvan Demeter

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

It sounds like you have purchased the VideoPress upgrade for your WordPress.com blog, but are attempting to embed videos in a self-hosted blog. Is that correct?

This likely isn’t going to be the best option. Currently, the reason your video is not playing is because you have set restrictions on the video at WordPress.com:

https://investinhungary.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=3&action=edit

From that page, if you click the checkbox next to “Share”, you should be able to play it from your self-hosted site.

Moving forward, the best option would be to setup VideoPress on your self-hosted site using the instructions here:

This will be a separate payment from your WordPress.com upgrade. However, this way, your content will be managed through your WordPress.org self-hosted blog, not your WordPress.com blog. It will make things easier in the long run!

If you want to go this route, just let me know. I will refund your WordPress.com purchase!

• The topic ‘Publisher limits playback of video embeds.’ is closed to new replies.