Posts not saving location (geo-tags aren't working)

• Hello WordPress Forums,

It seems that for the last couple of weeks or so, my posts don’t save their geotags. When I add the location for the first time, it stays there as usual, but when I click on either ‘Save draft’ or ‘Publish’, it disappears.

It used to work before, but not now. Is it to do with browser cookies or my browser loading the post creation page from a cache rather than a new copy each time?

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Sabrina

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Over the last week, I’ve been encountering the same issue about which novabrunswick writes above. Upon pressing the “Add Location” button, I can find the location I want to pin down, but saving the draft does not seem to ‘save’ the found location.

• So it’s not just my blog then? Could it be a bug on the WordPress site?

• Hi folks, can you clarify whether the location appears if you edit the posts again? I’m trying to determine whether the location isn’t saving at all, or whether it’s just not displaying.

If you’ll send links to a few of the affected posts, I’ll check them out. Thanks!

• I can select the location by choosing it from the ‘Add Location’ button menu, but if I save the post as a draft or publish it, it won’t save. It seems that all my posts are affected – I always added locations before, but now they’re all gone.

• Update: I just looked through all my blog posts and they now include the location again. Thanks!

But I still need to check if any new post I create will now save its location.

• Update: The post now saves the location when I click to save the draft. Thank you!

• Perfect! @henrylflee is it working for you now too?

• Hi, supernovia.

Yes, I’ve gone back to old posts to check and locations are being saved. I’ve also created a new post, added a location, save a draft of the post, and the location is being saved as well.

Thanks for checking in on this thread!

P.S. great user-name + (double) pun.

• Thanks so much, Supernovia! Your name sounds a little like mine!

• Thank you! It’s a play on words and a bit of a long story. And it’s how the open source community around here knows me, so I’ll stick with it.

Thanks for confirming everything works! I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. Cheers all. :)

• The topic ‘Posts not saving location (geo-tags aren't working)’ is closed to new replies.