Portfolio Project Featured Image as Project header?

• Hello.
    I’ve just switched my site to the Argent theme, and at one point in my customizing, the featured image for each portfolio project showed up as the header across that project page (which is what I want). Now, though, only my homepage header image is showing up at the top of each project page. Is there a way to customize the CSS so that the featured image for the project appears across the top of that project page?

Many thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, Argent does not show the Portfolio feature image on single portfolio pages as a header image. It will display an image carousel under the header image, if you have an image gallery inserted into the portfolio project.

You can read more on that here under Project Gallery Carousel on the Argent Theme Showcase page.

• @thesacredpath,

Hi, there. In the topic Portfolio Project Featured Image as Project header? (same title as this one, but in the support forum), I informed @thekirstencollective that Argent wasn’t designed to display featured images on single portfolio projects, but suggested that it might be possible with CSS Customization, and referred her here.

• Thanks, @musicdoc1. It’s not something that can be done with CSS really although I guess we could write individual custom CSS rules for each portfolio project to swap out the image on single project pages.

@thekirstencollective, this would mean that you would need to write a unique CSS rule for each and every project you have, or that you add in the future. I don’t know how many projects you will be adding, but if there are many, this could become a lot of work. It is doable though.

• Thank you both, @musicdoc1 and @the sacredpath. I have 7 projects and can’t envision adding many/any more. Would an individual custom CSS rule be something that I’d be able to adapt relatively easily- i.e. if you would write one for me, I could do the work of substituting out necessary elements for each different page? I’m new to CSS, but not completely inept (despite the number of questions I’m asking at the moment :)).
    If this is something that could work, I’d be thrilled, but obviously don’t want to overstep my forum request bounds.
    Thanks!

• You’re welcome. : )

• Hi @thekirstencollective, I hope you don’t mind me jumping in to help.

if you would write one for me, I could do the work of substituting out necessary elements for each different page

We could help with that, sure.

Please give us a sample portfolio page and a link to the image you’d like to use. We’ll give you the sample code and tell you which parts you’d need to change for other pages.

• Thank you @supernovia! I had given up hope on a reply.

(full disclosure- I’ve just moved my wordpress site to Azure- do I still qualify for help from these forums??)

For example, one portfolio page is found here: http://thekirstencollective.azurewebsites.net/portfolio/georgette/

And I’d love the header image to be the same as that portfolio’s featured image, which is here:
    /wp-content/uploads/2017/10/IMG-20170618-WA0010.jpg

I’m grateful for any help.
    Warmest regards
    Kirsten

• Hi Kirsten,

I’m sorry to see that your question flew under the radar for a few weeks!

These forums are intended for sites that are hosted on WordPress.com but you can still seek help on the WordPress.org forums, if your site is still using WordPress. Argent has a dedicated forum over at WordPress.org, which you can find here:

https://wordpress.org/support/theme/argent/

We monitor and reply to all threads on the above forum.

Please note, however, that I can’t actually access your site at the URL you provided. I’m seeing a “Sorry, I’m doing some work on the site” notice.

Thanks!

• Thank you @siobhyb. I appreciate your response. Let me see if I can figure things out and if not, I’ll head over to the argent forum. Much appreciated.
    Kirsten

• Perfect! Thanks Kirsten.

• The topic ‘Portfolio Project Featured Image as Project header?’ is closed to new replies.