Portfolio

• Hi I’m having trouble with using the portfolio theme as my front page, I have tried to follow the steps to activating it and using it but for some reason my WordPress doesn’t match up to the steps; for example it says to go to settings then to go writing and then to click a button that I don’t seem to have, is there any chance someone can help with this

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

From the Portfolio Page Template section of the Illustratr theme guide:

When you first activate Illustratr, your posts will display in a traditional blog format. If you would like to show your portfolio projects on the front page of your site (like Illustratr‘s demo site), just follow these instructions:

1. Create or edit a page, and assign it to the “Portfolio Page Template” from the “Page Attributes” module.
    2. Go to Settings → Reading and set “Front page displays” to “A static page.”
    3. Select your portfolio page as the “Front page,” and then choose another page as the “Posts page,” (to display your blog posts).

it says to go to settings then to go writing and then to click a button that I don’t seem to have

The Portfolios support page says:

If your theme doesn’t have the Portfolio feature active by default, you can turn it on by going to My Sites → Settings → Writing → Content Types and turning on the “Portfolio Projects” option.

The option is not a button, it’s a toggle. With the Illustratr theme applied, this should be on by default. However, you may also set the number of projects to display per page there.

• oliviali0000 – please let us know if you still need help after following the first quoted section in musicdoc’s reply.

Right now your site is set up to display the latest posts, not a static page.

Also just a note that it’s not necessary to do this extra step, since Illustratr supports portfolio projects by default, and you don’t need to activate the feature.

If your theme doesn’t have the Portfolio feature active by default, you can turn it on by going to My Sites → Settings → Writing → Content Types and turning on the “Portfolio Projects” option.

Let us know how it goes.

• @kathrynwp,

I only included that second quote from the theme guide because @oliviali0000 said in the OP,

it says to go to settings then to go writing and then to click a button

but I also added

The option is not a button, it’s a toggle. With the Illustratr theme applied, this should be on by default. However, you may also set the number of projects to display per page there.

• I should have highlighted “With the Illustratr theme applied, this should be on by default.”

• doc – no worries, gotcha. I just wanted to make sure it was super clear that this step wasn’t necessary to activate portfolios in Illustratr.

oliviali0000 – if you’re still stuck at all, just let us know and we’re here to help!

• The topic ‘Portfolio’ is closed to new replies.