PLEASE HELP ME!

• Well I just Downloaded the “WordPress” Files

Then they told me to open Wp-Config and save it again to desktop or something

and when i did it told me to go to this link I think to how to install it

and when i clicked it it showed “Firefox can’t find the file at /C:/Users/Myusername/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_wordpress-2.8.6.zip/wordpress/wp-admin/upgrade.php.”

this what it says in the help page “Installation: Famous 5-minute install

1. Unzip the package in an empty directory.
    2. Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like WordPad or similar and fill in your database connection details.
    3. Save the file as wp-config.php
    4. Upload everything.
    5. Open /wp-admin/install.php in your browser. This should setup the tables needed for your blog. If there is an error, double check your wp-config.php file, and try again. If it fails again, please go to the support forums with as much data as you can gather.
    6. Note the password given to you.
    7. The install script should then send you to the login page. Sign in with the username admin and the password generated during the installation. You can then click on ‘Profile’ to change the password.

and I do NOT have FTP or anything

Bc im new to WordPress files control

and in videos it shows to open the Cpanel how do i open that?

It’s not in the wordpress/cpadmin

It’s diff page that blue and has alot of icons settings

could u tell me how to get it please

• You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

• Tikihall,

I think you are confused between the free wordpress.com and self-hosted blogs using wordpress software.

Your blog is on wordpress.com and none of the instructions including downloading and install apply to you. Read the difference here http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

You have a free blog here; no need of any FTP access or 5-minute install. Please read all the support documentation for help.

• @vikas
    titkihall’s username is linked to a wordpress.COM blog. If you click “member” under his/her name you will find that this is a long standing confusion that we volunteers have attempted to address more than once.

• The topic ‘PLEASE HELP ME!’ is closed to new replies.