Photos not showing up

• Yep—the photo was too large. I did it with the same photo around 350kb, and it worked like a charm. Good photo, too.

Sorry for the false alarm. My bad.

Michael

• Yeah, I noticed anything over 400 pixels wide will screw up the page. Use thumbnails. Those are best for people with dial-up internet.

• Hello, I was thinking about switching from Blogspot to WordPress, but I have problems here that make me feel I am either VERY stupid OR there is some kind of an error here :)

How can I make a photo appear in my posting (not as a link)?
    I have tried everything and read the postings here and on FAQ. They just keep appearing in DOUBLE postings, although I push “publish” once. And it does not show on the “dashboard” that I would have two of the postings. But on the website it is still double! I can`t figure it out!

Could someone post a step-by-step guide to someone as stupid as mee as to what to do in order to have normal photo posts here? :)

Regards,
    Boheemlane

• @bohneemlane
    (1) here are the instructions which are illustrated http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/07/16/how-do-i-upload-pictures/
    (2) we do not have a resizer so you must size your photos in microsoft paint or in photoshop, etc. before uploading them. Here are the size limitations for the themes http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/09/25/how-big-can-my-images-be/
    (3) the double postings sound like a bug please send in a feedback to staff and report this (feedback button is on the top right hand corner of any page)

• Providing an example of these double posts with links would also be helpful. :)

• just clicking on my name beside the posting would do the trick :) BUT some angel has solved the problem (I think) as the rest of my postings decided to appear double as well…….I do hope it is solved by now, as I would not want to abandon this blogging facility :D

• daveandkarina – I see no posts from you in this thread. Please give all the details of the problem.

• I’m having similar issues with photos – I upload them to the editor, everything looks fine, links intact, then when I view the page and hover on a thumbnail I get the “404 File Not Found” error message. If I click the thumbnail, the full image appears. Not too terribly annoying, but randomly irritating.

• Send a feedback to staff; they are trying to track down the image 404 error and the more info they have the better.

• Hi, My problem is a bit different but closely related:

I prepared 5 jpgs of no more than 150kb at 400 px wide for my new post.

I present them full size / no link in the post.

2 of the images show fine

3 of the images dont show. Not in the post, nor in the “browse” section

I then changed the dpi of the pictures to 72 (it was in 300 before) uploaded one of them, forgot to change from Thumbnail to Full Size. I check the page, it shows as a thumbnail.

I proceed to edit the image to change from thumbnail to full size. The images shows in the “browse” section.

I make the changes. I check the page. The image don’t show.

I have tried changing and uploading images several times… those 3 images will not show.

Any body any idea, this is my second post and is becoming very anoying to loose so much time in such a minor thing. Please help.

Thanks

Jorge

http://www.geowonders.com

• The topic ‘Photos not showing up’ is closed to new replies.