Photos in the e-mail are not displayed correctly

• After publishing a new post, the images in the E-Mail that is then sent to all followers are displayed incorrectly. Only one deatail of each image is shown and it is way too big. I have used the tiled Gallery, but this form of layout is not displayed in the Mail.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there,

Many thanks for reaching out, and we’re happy to help with this.

To best help are you able to provide a screenshot of the emails as they’ve been received please.

We can take a look and see if there’s any awry, or perhaps even a feature requirement that we can forward onto product teams.

This is a helpful guide on how to create and share a screenshot: https://en.support.wordpress.com/make-a-screenshot/

Many thanks in advance!

• This (above) is the screenshot of the E-Mail.

…and thats how it looks in the Blogpost (below)

I hope you can help me.
    Best regards Kathrin

• Hi there,

The tiled gallery block uses JavaScript to format the visual appearance, but unfortunately emails don’t have JavaScript so they struggle to correctly render this content. If email appearance is a primary consideration we recommend only including static images (and not tiled galleries) in your post.

If you prefer to use tiled galleries in your posts since they look nice on the site, another option will be to add a More Block just before the gallery. This will mean that the email will show the text up to that point, and then a “continue reading” link so they can visit your site directly and see the gallery with it’s intended appearance on your site.

WP
    Blocks » More Block
    3 min read
    With the More Block, you can shorten your blog entries so that only the first part of a post is displayed on the homepage, archive pages, and in subscriber emails. How the More Block Works The More block can be used to keep your blog posts concise. It displays only the initial part of your post content in places where an excerpt is more appropriate than the full post content. This can in

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• That seems like a good idea, but isn`t it the case that only the short text can be seen on the blog and you have to klick on “more” to continue reading? Is it possible that everything is shown on the Blog and the initial text only in the E-Mail?

• Hi there, @lost4urbex!

Using the More Block would give you a bit more control. Basically, the More Block will allow you to set up how much (and what) content you want to display on the new post emails and will add a continue reading button that readers can click to view the entire post. This will change what displays on your posts page, too (can vary on theme) but the full post will be shown when the reader clicks the continue reading link. You could just add it to the post with the gallery that is not formatting well via email.

Alternatively, you can limit your feed to the expert only. That means that only the excerpt is shown in the email and readers can click the continue reading button to view the entire post. You can make that change here:

https://wordpress.com/settings/writing/brokatgrafik.wordpress.comFeed settingsLimit feed to excerpt only

The look of your homepage at https://brokatgrafik.wordpress.com/ should look the same after adjusting that feed setting but can vary on the theme.

Alternatively, you could try switching that Tiled Gallery Block to a different block. For example, you could try adding images to posts using the Image Block. If email appearance is a primary consideration we recommend only including static images (and not tiled galleries) in your post.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• The topic ‘Photos in the e-mail are not displayed correctly’ is closed to new replies.