Photos are aligned right and cropped in blog posts

• Dear All,

In the Rowling theme in my blog posts some of my photos are aligned to the right side (instead of being aligned to center) and therefore they are partly cropped.

On the left side the “number of comments” field can not be removed, however it does not look nice next to the content, at the beginning of the article.

Thank you if you can help me to sort out these issues.

Kind regards,
    Vicky

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello @vkoltai,

It looks like the captioned images need to be center aligned in order to remove the right alignment issue. After you insert an image into your post using the Visual Editor, click the image and choose to center align the image from the small pop up of options. Save that and then refresh your page. That should fix the issue.

It doesn’t appear you can turn off the “number of comments” option without using some CSS to hide it. Do you happen to have a premium or business account? If you do, you can try adding this code to your CSS:

.single-post .post-meta>.post-comments {
    display: none;
    }

This page will provide more clarification if you aren’t sure where to find the CSS area of your admin.

I hope this helps!

• Hello,

Thank you so much for your precious help! :) It is very much appreciated.
    I did not know it, because it was no issue with my previous templates.
    Now the only thing is to adjust the photos in each of my previous posts, but it works! :)

Have a great day and many thanks again.
    Vicky

• You’re very welcome Vicky! :)

I reached out to the theme developer about the image (with caption) alignment issue. Hopefully they’ll be able to get that updated in the theme itself or update the info page of the theme to guide other users.

• Thank you so much again. :)

(In the meantime I adjusted the center alignments of all my photos, so I hope it won’t be changed with the theme update.)

Have a great day!
    Vicky

• Hello Vicky,

I don’t think you have to worry about it affecting your changes. Your manual change on the photos would override or be equivalent to any theme update (in my opinion).

Enjoy your weekend!

• Great news. :)

Thank you! The same to you!
    V.

• The topic ‘Photos are aligned right and cropped in blog posts’ is closed to new replies.