my email address is not being recognized

• The sticky thread that staff have posted does NOT help solve this problem! I have friends who used to have a WordPress blog and then went self-hosted … apparently they still need to log into their old WordPress account (which they haven’t used for years) in order to comment on my posts. I don’t see why you had to change anything, things were fine the way they were. Just look at how many unhapper bloggers you have now (this thread plus others, all on the same topic). Really, really disappointed, WordPress.

• WordPress.com you provide us with a fantastic hosted platform, that works so well in so many ways. But please, please sort out this issue with comments before we all start seeing massive drops in our traffic and level of comments. Blogging is about conversation and if our blog visitors can’t converse with us they aren’t going to stick around for too much longer. Not least because it is not easily apparent to them why they can’t leave a comment or what they could (possibly) do to remedy the situation.

PLEASE GET THIS RESOLVED TODAY, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

• I cannot post on my own blog, and I AM logged in.

• I’ve been trying to login when it says You Must Login to Comment and it hasn’t been letting me – just tells me username/pw is wrong and refreshes. I’ve gone to the link to reset pw – I know the one I have is right. Agreeing with everyone else here that this is a huge bummer for commenting and hope it gets fixed soon. People should not need a WP account to leave comments.

• I’m having this SAME problem, and it’s a week after the last post. I do NOT understand this. I don’t want to force my commenters to jump through hoops to leave a comment. I went through and commented as an unknown, not logged into my account, and it prompted me to log-in as well.

Isn’t this why we have the option of turning on/off comments? Can this feature please be disabled? Otherwise I’m going to leave wordpress. NO ONE CAN COMMENT! :(

Someone help me fix this please.

• HELP, PLEASE!
    I am running a global contest that calls for people to make videos about my novel, post them on YouTube, and then fill out a form with the URL and their names, email addresses, and phone numbers.
    WordPress is blocking the entry submissions, telling them that “Email requires a valid email address.”
    It won’t even let me or friends testing the system to submit the form.
    I face critical problems here. I see nothing in support that addresses this.
    HELP!
    I’m not a member, can be reached at aw (at) arterialwitness (dot) com

• The topic ‘my email address is not being recognized’ is closed to new replies.