Password-secure posts can be read without password

• I keep some posts password-protected so not everyone can read them. But somehow people can read them anyway – it’s only when they try to comment that the post disappears and becomes “locked”. Why is that – I daren’t post anything private in case someone reads it who shouldn’t have access…
    Please help, is there anything I can do to make sure my posts are not accessible for those without a password?

• I see 5 protected posts on your front page, and I have no idea what is in them because I can’t see them.
    I also loaded your feed into Google Reader and it can’t see inside those posts.

Whoever is saying this, ask them for lots of details. Then logout and try what they say.
    But you need them to tell you every step.

• This may be a related issue or a new topic: I have a password-protected page on my blog…it seems that once I have entered the password I never need to enter it again. Others that I have shared the password with also observe this. Is this true? If so, what is the reason for not requiring the password each time?

Thanks.

• You will never need to enter it until you clear your cookies. Most people clear them every time they close their browser; you may want to change your settings.

• The topic ‘Password-secure posts can be read without password’ is closed to new replies.