Page width/margins

• My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place – WordPress.org directed me to the theme developer support, which in turn has pointed me here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/page-width-margins/#post-13912190

I’m looking for a way to alter the width of the container (and/or get rid of the margins) for the ‘main content’ on my website pages.

I’m using the Maywood theme, which is a child of the Varia theme, which unfortunately doesn’t have a range of varying page width templates under Page Attributes like some other themes

My collaborators would like all the the content to be the same width as the menu and the logo header (or at least a bit wider than it is).

I’ve had a good search around the forums and tried a few approaches from those with similiar issues on other themes but nothing has worked for me, unfortunately.

I’m not the most experienced coder, but I’m happy using Additional CSS. (Much happier than editing the theme itself)

I’ve had a glance at the page source but I’m not entirely sure which bit of CSS is dealing with that main container, which is definitely holding me back here.

Many thanks in advance

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, these themes are designed to give you normal, wide, or full width content areas as you’re creating the pages and posts. You can see how that plays out in the posts page here:
    https://maywooddemo.wordpress.com/news/

So if you’re just starting with the site, I’d recommend playing with the block width (under alignment), but if you want to adjust the CSS instead, here’s what’s determining the width of most normal blocks:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1280px) {
    	.responsive-max-width, .entry-content > .wp-block-button.aligncenter, hr.wp-block-separator.is-style-wide, .entry-content > :not(.alignwide):not(.alignfull):not(.alignleft):not(.alignright):not(.wp-block-separator):not(.wp-block-button):not(.entry-attachment), .entry-content > :not(.wp-block-button), .entry-content [class*="inner-container"] > :not(.alignwide):not(.alignfull):not(.alignleft):not(.alignright):not(.wp-block-separator), .entry-content .wp-audio-shortcode, .post-navigation, .pagination {
    		max-width: 1000px /*set as you like*/;
    	}
    }
  • Thank you so much for your help! This all looks very much like what I’m looking for.

I’ll have a good play around with this when I’m next in front of my computer.

• The topic ‘Page width/margins’ is closed to new replies.