Page widget appearing on Static Page, unsolicited

• For some unknown reason, the Page Widget is suddenly appearing on my Static Page, unsolicited.

It would be fine not for the chaos under that headline – it does not reflect the actual Menu ( properly reflected on the top bar) well saved under Appearance but the way the Pages are sequenced under the Page admin section.

Please have a look here: http://corneliusfoundation.wordpress.com

I cannot find anything to alter under the Widget admin page or the Menu admin page.

Thanks for assistance

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Did you try the Exclude setting?

You can specify the Page Id of your static page in the Exclude box to not display the widget on your static page. You can even exclude the widget on multiple pages if you wish, by entering the comma separated page ids in the Exclude box.

Please check the Pages Widget support document for more details.

• It looks like you have two right sidebars. You’re saying that the Pages widget is not present in one of the two right sidebars on the Widgets page?

• @mariannemagnin
    The morning After is a uniquely designed theme and most bloggers do not get how it is designed to operate.
    http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/themorningafter/
    I strongly suggest reading this post http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/the-morning-after/

• @@mariannemagnin

Page widget appearing on Static Page, unsolicited

What is the URL of the exact static Page you are referring to please?

• Thank you all for your advice

a few explanatory points:
    – the page where PAGES widget appear unsolicited on the home page, below RECENT POSTS
    – it was not there until recently
    – the sequence under that widget is chaotic – it does not follow the sequence defined under APPEARANCE > MENU

Timethief: having carefully read the guidelines:
    (Right Side
    “Secondary” and “Primary” sidebars, plus (optional) wide “Homepage Feature Widget Area” above them.
    You must give some thought to what widgets you’ll add to which sidebar, as index pages, static pages and single posts display the primary sidebar only. Normally the primary sidebar must include the Recent Posts widget and the Categories widget, since the blog front doesn’t really display your latest posts (unless you mark all your latest posts as stickies then unmark them when newer ones are added).”
    there is nothing there to assist.
    UNDER APPEARANCE > WIDGET > SECONDARY SB, I have not selected any widget, thus PAGES should not appear in the Secondary sb on the home page, shouldn’t it?

chaitanyamsv: thank you for your pointer. I have actually found out that the sequencing as it appears under Appearance>Menu only applies to the top menu bar. The sequence of Pages (as widget) is determined by the hierarchy set up under Pages…

So all resolved.
    Thank you

• The topic ‘Page widget appearing on Static Page, unsolicited’ is closed to new replies.