One click to create sandbox copy?

• I’d like to get a script or plugin that copies my live site, say http://www.mywpsite.com to second local sandbox instance sandbox.mywpsite.com.

What we’re trying to do is give freelance developers access to a sandbox copy that is overwritten weekly or upon a manual click from within the WP-admin interface. This way we don’t have freelancers modifying the live site or with password access to our live size/directories etc.

The new site would live in an adjacent directory on our server. For example, live site is in /home/www/livesite and the sandbox copy is in /home/www/sandboxsite. Database and admin passwords would need to be different than the live site.

We’d like the process/script/plugin to modify robots.txt to block search engines, and to possibly have .htaccess password protection, but these are “nice to have”.

This could be done with a shell script that pipes the database SQL file and php files through sed for replacements, but it’d be nice if there is a plugin solution for this.

Thanks for help,

-Michael

• This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. Your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog and you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

• Ah. Thanks fstat. I’ll head over to the WordPress.org forums.. -Michael

• The topic ‘One click to create sandbox copy?’ is closed to new replies.