New Theme Customizer Launched on WordPress.com

• @designsimply I tried your suggestion from May 21 (“Try an alternate computer if you have one in the same location. If another computer works, then the issue is computer settings on the first one.”). The Live Preview works fine on my PC that is in the same location, so I’ll check the settings on my Mac. Thanks for your help with this.

• @darsba, thanks for the update! Aha, so it’s got to be a local setting on the Mac. May I ask what version of Firefox you are running on your Mac? Also, is there any chance you would be able to test the ‘Live Preview’ option on an alternate browser besides Firefox on the Mac? That would rule out browser settings as the culprit.

• I have the same issue as mentioned by @absurdoldbird, however, it is not a big deal as you can click on Cancel or the browser’s back button, and the live preview of the theme shows up.

• Same problem…blank page when trying to preview. Even when I hit the purchase and save button it was blank. I do have a custom domain. I’m also on an older mac OS 10.4.11. Tried it in Fire Fox as well as Safari. Neither work for me. I’d love to give you my money for my custom theme but I’m afraid I can’t!

• Correction! It is now working for me in Safari, nothing in Firefox. Must be a browser issue.

• I am stuck with a bundle pkg for $99; a supposedly customizable blog (twenty eleven). I want a one column with side bar, customizable header (i was able to upload a partial image), I was able to change the font for the header. I cannot figure out anything from there. How to create header “menu” tabs that have sub-menus… when it says there is only one menu. Don’t know CSS, html, and this is not an instant deal. Support??? I’ve spent far too many hours, and don’t know what Im getting for $99/yr?

• I’m having an issue with the Live Preview – I can only view the static home page of my site. When I try to see how the other pages, such as the blog post page, appear with the new theme preview, nothing happens. No other page will load.

Is anyone else having this problem?

• @apocalypsegrrl, I tested and it worked in my test. May I ask what browser and browser version you’re using?

• Thanks for the quick reply! I’m on Firefox 12.0.

• Need help please!! I would like to put a picture slide show, size more or less 3 by 6 (rectangular) on my front page to slide horizontal is that possible on the free site?
    thank you so much!!

• @apocalypsegrrl, apologies for the late reply. The issue you reported was fixed a while back. Thank you for reporting it!

@computadorsemstress, here is the info we have on slideshows: http://en.support.wordpress.com/slideshows/ If you need additional help, please start a new thread.

• I have been using the Contempt theme since I started my web page 2 years ago. It has always been a one column theme with not side bar. All of a sudden I have a right side bar and it is covering part of the information on the home page. It has thrown alignment out on other pages. I do not want it. Can I get rid of it and go back to the old format?

• @ccongdn2010—the http://connectcaregivers.com/ blog’s Custom Design upgrade was not renewed, and that’s why the customizations you’re referring to aren’t working any more.

You can re-enable the past design changes by re-purchasing the Custom Design upgrade at https://connectcaregivers.wordpress.com/wp-admin/paid-upgrades.php?product=45&view=purchase

• Thank you. I purchased the upgrade. My website was designed by Home Controls who we purchased it from. We now have admin control. I noticed that the link to our domain name is expiring 7/6 but in the store I do not see any way to renew it. The link was not purchased by us originally and thus will not be automatically renewed.

Also, now that I have purchased the upgrade will the sit automatically go back to the way it was?

• mrmilitantnegro · Member ·

Whats going on with WP right now? I can’t reblog, are you guys working in the middle of the evening on WP and stopping us from posting/reblogging?

• It works fine on FF but not working on IE.

• @mebelmebel- Works fine on IE9.

Note: We recommend that you use either Firefox or Chrome for optimal performance with WordPress.com.

Solve Common Browser Issues

• Is it me, or is it a paid addition?
    Not that I’m averse to paying or anything!

I wish at least font within themes was something I could change.
    I’ve just found a smashing theme, Triton light, but I think the designer was colour blind!

Smaaaaall grey font isn’t easy to read! And I write Poetry!

http://kolembo.wordpress.com

• @kolembo-using the Live Preview is completely free. You can find it in your Dashboard>Appearance>Themes. Under every available theme there is a link to “Live Preview”. If you concentrate on words on your site, then you might want to look for the ones that have a minimalist design and good typography. http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/

The easiest way to change fonts is the annually renewed Custom Design upgrade. http://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-design/custom-fonts/

Also, please don’t drop your site link in every thread you reply to. If we want to view your site, we can click on your username link. :) Thanks!

• I am having layout issues with the upgrade rather than technical ones.

I am putting together something using the Chunk theme, until the upgrade it was quite a simple style where I would have an image tiled down the left hand side vertically of the page and a solid background colour for the rest which complemented the tiled image and allowed the content sat on top to be viewable.

But after fiddling with the upgrade, the whole format of Chunk has changed. Content is now laid on a central, solid layer rather than the previous transparent layer. This central, solid layer is white and cannot be changed. The whole look of the theme is lost.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Craig

• The topic ‘New Theme Customizer Launched on WordPress.com’ is closed to new replies.