Need my domain back

• Wordpress still has my domain. I cancelled my domain subscription but I want my url for another site. How do I get it back?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Here are the instructions to transfer your domain to a new provider.

WP
    Domains » Transfer a Domain to Another Registrar
    4 min read
    While you can use your WordPress.com domain with any platform by updating the name servers, you can transfer your domain to another provider if you wish. This guide explains how to transfer a domain registered with WordPress.com to another provider (known as a registrar). Before You Get Started Domain transfers can take anywhere from five to seven days to complete. If you would like your d
  • Hello,

I understand you’ve cancelled your domain subscription and now want to use the URL for another site. One thing to be aware of is that when domains are cancelled like this, they go into an extended “redemption period” that is managed by the registry directly. This can last around 90 days, and during that period the domain is not on sale to the public. More info here:

https://wordpress.com/support/domains/domain-expiration/

We may be able to recover it so that you will be able to use it again, but to set it as the address of your site (currently emileedraws.wordpress.com) you will need to upgrade your site once again. I see that you had the Premium plan previously, which included the ability to set a custom address. If I can ask, what prompted your cancellation?

Feel free to tell us more about your project, the kind of site you are trying to set up, or any specific functionality you plan on needing! We’re happy to take a closer look and make sure that the premium plan you had is a good fit for your needs, or if another plan is better suited to the kind of site you are trying to create.

https://wordpress.com/plans/

By upgrading we will be able to recover your domain and set it as your site address. We do not control your domain at this time (it was returned to the registry during redemption) but we have the ability to request it back since it was registered here originally.

You may also be able to pick up this domain through another provider, but in that event you will need to wait for the redemption period to expire since we’re the only provider that can call back the domain during redemption.

Let us know how you would like to proceed or if you have any questions.

• The topic ‘Need my domain back’ is closed to new replies.