Need help with MX DNS record as email will send but not receive

• I added my DNS record just over 24 hours ago and I am able to send emails but not receive

my MX record is mail.vfitzartist.com.au with mail handled by vfitzartist.com.au. with priority 0

my domain name support say this is correct but I still cannot receive mail.
    I added an A record with an IP address which is also correct.

I’ve tried looking through the forums but cannot see anything that could help me. Any help would be gladly appreciated!

• @vfitzartist

I’ve adjusted your DNS settings.

Please wait 48 hours, and try again.

If you’re still having an issue after the time has elapsed, contact your email hosting provider and confirm the settings they’d like you to enter.

Then, reply here with the updated information, and I will help you get it sorted out.

• Thanks for your help @pmciano
    Those were the settings my email hosting provider gave me and then they said it was your issue why it wasn’t working. Then I contacted someone else who said I should be using their email hosting servers.

I will wait another 48 hours and then let you know if it is working or not.

Thanks

• @vfitzartist

Can you confirm the name of your email hosting provider?

Also, keep in mind, you cannot use WordPress.com email forwarding if you’re using 3rd-party email servers.

• @pmciano

I’m sorry I didn’t know I couldn’t use email forwarding.

Email hosting provider is crazydomains.com.au

I didn’t think it would be this hard to set up.

• @pamciano.

Thank you for your help – I added the MX records to my domain name on crazydomains and the emails have come through now.

After two help desk calls they failed to realise that.

I appreciate all your help.

• @vfitzartist

I’m glad you were able to get the issue resolved.

If you have any other questions regarding WordPress.com, please let us know.

• The topic ‘Need help with MX DNS record as email will send but not receive’ is closed to new replies.