Need Google Workspace subscription transferred back to GSuite

• Please transfer my Google Workplace subscription back to GSuite so I can manage it through the GSuite admin. Thank you!

• Hi there!

It looks like you don’t have any Google Workspace subscription on your @ryangoral22 account. Can you share the domain used on Google Workspace so that we can look it up on our end?

Generally speaking, you’ll need to log into the correct WordPress.com account that you used to purchase Google Workspace and cancel the subscription following our guide here. Canceling triggers the transfer of the Google Workspace subscription to Google.

Please note that any remaining validity in your current subscription will not carry over when you cancel with us and transfer the subscription to Google.

Hope that helps!

• @aisajibThe domain is @gspiregroup.com.

• Thanks @ryangoral22! I’m bringing over notes from @saortins60’s thread, too.

The main issue I’m seeing is that neither of you is logged into the account that owns the upgrade. It’s just a different username, but without authorization from that user, we aren’t able to make changes to the account.

Ryan, can you check any other email addresses you have for messages from WordPress.com? If you can find the right email address to log in with, you can use that to reset your password and log in as that user. And then, as @aisajib mentioned, canceling the subscription will do the trick.

If you can’t remember that email address or don’t have access to it anymore, you can regain access using a transaction ID and the account recovery form:

WP
    Recover Your Account
    4 min read
    At some point, you may run into a situation in which you’ve lost access to your account. We want to ensure that you take the necessary steps to avoid getting locked out and set up your WordPress.com account to be recoverable. Password Reset Process It’s crucial to remember your password and to keep it secure, but there might come a time when you forget your password. If you need to reset a
  • Thank you everyone! Yes, I realized I do have another WP account so I logged in there and clicked Cancel Subscription. From what I can read, this will automatically transfer it over to Google admin. Thank you!

• @supernovia @aisajib When I log into my Gsuite account and access the admin panel, I still see the Google Workspace listed as being managed by you, as the reseller, even though I followed the steps and canceled the subscription through my WP account about 30 minutes to one hour ago. Does this just take a little time to take effect? I called Google and they are trying to contact you, the reseller to resolve this. Please transfer this over them ASAP. Thank you!

• @supernovia @aisajib I’m replying here from the WP account I canceled from so there’s no confusion. I just don’t understand why it’s still showing I have a reseller in GSuite admin. I followed your instructions. I canceled subscription and the message I now see is that the subscription will be removed on March 6, 2024. I’m guessing because I paid annually. Now, when I go back in to see my Purchases, there’s an option to Remove subscription, but when I click that, I see… “If you cancel your subscription for gspiregroup.com now, you will lose access to all of your Google Workspace features immediately, and you will need to purchase a new subscription with Google if you wish to regain access to them.”

Can you please transfer this ASAP now that I have found the correct account and started this process?

• Hi there,

I’ve removed the Google Workspace subscription from your WordPress.com account. You should receive an email from Google asking you to sign in and set up billing with them.

Please note that the email will be sent to the email address associated with the @ryangoral account. You can find that email address by checking the Account Settings page while being logged in to the @ryangoral account.

• Hi There! Jumping into this conversation, because I too need to remove my Google Workspace from being owned by WordPress. My account renews on April 29, 2024, but I need it to be owned by the Google Admin so that I can upgrade my storage space. I’m unable to do this any other way. Can you please help me understand that if I cancel my subscription through WordPress that I will be able to upgrade through Google Admin before April 2024?

• Hi there!

You can cancel your Google Workspace subscription, which will automatically transfer the subscription over to Google. You’ll be able to set up billing directly on your Google Workspace Admin Console. However, the remaining period of your subscription will be lost if you transfer the subscription over to Google.

Hope that helps! Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

• Thank you! I’ve cancelled my subscription, but Google Workspace still says that it is owned by a reseller. Can you please advise when this will switch over? I’m fine with losing the few months I have left. I need more storage! Thank you!

• Hi @thelettertee7 from what I can see the Google Workspace plan is still active on your account. You can cancel here: https://wordpress.com/me/purchases/theletterteeca.wordpress.com/20949732

The option to “remove the subscription” is at the bottom of the page.

Once cancelled, it can be a few hours until Google is aware that it’s back under their control but typically you will get an email (to continue billing with them) within 24 hours.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

• Hi there! Thank you. I’ve already gone ahead and cancelled it. It says that I have 6 months of it active before it moves to Google. I would like to have that removed immediately.

I appreciate your help. If you could get back to me, that would be great!

• Hello @thelettertee7, Please click to remove the subscription one more time at the bottom of the page here:
    https://wordpress.com/me/purchases/theletterteeca.wordpress.com/20949732

Once that step is completed, you should receive an email from Google to continue the subscription.

Please feel free to reply to this message if you have any other questions, and have a great day!

• The topic ‘Need Google Workspace subscription transferred back to GSuite’ is closed to new replies.