My uploaded gravatar image gets cropped

• The image I selected for a gravatar has no surplus whitespace at the sides, whatsoever. When I install and view it, small parts of the sides are lopped off. I would prefer not to have this happen for the geometric figure I have chosen as a gravatar. Are there guidelines as to how much whitespace I should add so that I may ensure the entire image is shown in my gravatar?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi apfwebs,

“…you can crop the image to only the portion of what you uploaded. Drag the cropper handles to select the part of the image you want. All images uploaded to Gravatar must be cropped as a square.

Once you have the crop the way you want it, click Crop and Finish.”

More details can be found at: Taken from: https://en.gravatar.com/support/activating-your-account/

Cheers,
    Adeline

• Thanks for the link, Adeline. However, I was aware of that information. The gravatar in question was saved as square (the “meat” of the image 42 high by 48 wide, with 3 extra whitespace added top and bottom to make it 48 square). When I uploaded the gravatar, it was *displayed* with what, again, I called the “meat” (the 42 by 48) truncated at the side, in spite of my having dragged the “cropper handles” to display the entire thing. My question regards, again, how much whitespace (or other meaningless space) I need to allow *beyond* the image to allow for its full display. Inasmuch as this isn’t discussed on the page to which you offered a link, I’ll simply play with it to see what works.

Thanks again.

• Hi apfwebs,

Sorry I couldn’t help resolve your issue. Maybe Gravatar Support can assist you?

I find experimenting with images useful. Perhaps making the ‘meat’ of the image smaller to include the additional white spaces might help?

Best of luck,
    Adeline

• The topic ‘My uploaded gravatar image gets cropped’ is closed to new replies.