My plan us about to expire tomorrow and I have some questions before renewing

• I am currently on the Premium Plan and I wonder if I could just switch to the cheaper Personal plan? I believe it also will let me keep my url? or map it automatically without me having to map it agaib? I believe it is a wordpress url plan and not mapped from godaddy but I may have forgotten how I did it. I stopped the automatic renewal for the current plan as it is quite expensive like 400 Polish zloty or over a hundred us dollars and I believe the personal one is at least half this? But it wont let me just switch before it runs out it seems it either renewed the old one or has me cancel it but I dont see an option to switch to personal automatically?

Anyway, I also know that my current plan has a 7GB limit for storage of data and the free one has like 3GB. Not sure about the Personal. What happens to the data that I am already using if it is filled up past 3GB once the current plan runs out? Do I lose it all or it remains there for a certain time? or simply remains there?

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• A Premium plan has 13GB of storage, A Personal plan has 6GB of storage. How much space you have already used and how much more space you plan to use may be the deciding factor.
    https://wordpress.com/pricing/
    This thread has been tagged for staff assistance regarding the procedure to downgrade plans.

• how do I tell how much was used up? I dont see this info in the media section. my site by the way is maciejduraj.com.

• the big question is what happens if I let it expire first before renewing? do I risk losing my url mapping and seo as a result or headache mapping again? and do I risk data being wiped?

• Hi, thanks for tagging us, @themagicgrobot.

@theipadjournalist: I can confirm you’ve got plenty of space left and aren’t using CSS. I can’t tell if you’re using any other premium features, so please compare the lists here:
    https://wordpress.com/pricing

If you’re okay to lose the extra features we can downgrade the site. Please just respond here.

• Ah, I missed your extra replies.

You are using 1.9GB. You would not lose data.

I would not let it expire first before renewing as you would lose your mapping, and possibly your rankings.

Let us know if you need more help!

• Ok, I am still thinking it over. If ai downgrade I read that I will get ads? are the ads obtrusive or is it just a small wordpress button like the footer? Give me a bit of time to think it over which plan I will lose ai just dont want to lose the url or data in the meantime. Thanks.

• If ai downgrade I read that I will get ads?

We display ads on the free plan, yes.

are the ads obtrusive or is it just a small wordpress button like the footer?

This does not refer to the WordPress link in the footer, which is even there on the Premium Plan as well, no. These are online ads, like you’d see on most news websites on the web.

We show ads at the bottom of all posts and pages, just above the comments section (always), floating, collapsible ads at the top and bottom of the site (sometimes), and depending on your theme, we might also display ads in the sidebar.

Give me a bit of time to think it over which plan I will lose ai just dont want to lose the url or data in the meantime

Your plan expires tomorrow, but should only be removed from your site about a week later. You won’t lose any content added to your site, though, as that is not dependent on your plan.

Your domain, maciejduraj.com, already renewed on 5 April, and is good until May 2021, so you run no risk at the moment of losing that, but once the plan is removed your site may revert to using the maciejdurajjournalism.wordpress.com as the primary domain, with maciejduraj.com redirecting to the free address instead.

• ok thanks for the info. I also do wonder if my current theme, bakerville 2, is a premium one? i looked it up and someone identified bakersville 1 or the original as free but not this one. So I wonder?

Thanks again.

• Also, hopefully last question for now but I cant edit css anyway and make my banner longer on the sides without the business plan that allows for css and html editing via plugins correct?

• Baskerville 2 is a free theme and can be used with any plan.
    You’d already got access to custom CSS with the Premium plan. It’s not a feature of the Personal plan.

• Ok, I am still trying to decide what to do but moet likely eill subscribe again to the same plan. I have at least a 10-day grace period so still about a week to decide before anything changes or ads start popping off correct? and even if my domain just becomes a redirect to the wordpress version as lomg as I resubscribe I dont have to transfer nameservers or anything but it will do so automatically to the way it is now? even after the grace period ends? Also, is there any way I can run cuwtom ads like affiliate ads on my website from the sidebar and such with a premium plan or would I need widgets for this? pike the way wordpress does it for personal and free plans?

• Hi there,

I see that you renewed both your plan and your domain and you’re good till next year.

Also, is there any way I can run cuwtom ads like affiliate ads on my website from the sidebar and such with a premium plan or would I need widgets for this?

Since you’re on the Premium plan you can enroll in our own advertising program -called WordAds- and start earning from displaying ads. You can read more about that here:

Earn Money From Ads

• The topic ‘My plan us about to expire tomorrow and I have some questions before renewing’ is closed to new replies.