My "Edit Post" page looks different (text too large)

• Thanks for letting us know that you are working on this, amightywp.

Hoping it won’t be long until it’s fixed.

• About time someone took a look into this.

My text is also too big and when I go to type something, the pages goes downwards so I cannot see what I am writing!

If I zoom out to 100% (I usually use 125%) then I don’t get the formatting issues, but blimey I cannot use text that small all the time as my eyes are not what they were. ;)

• Just mentioning that the issue seems to come and go depending on which post I open, sometimes simultaneously. This second-generation bug is certainly less annoying than the one of last week. Thanks for looking into it.

• My text is again overlarge. I noticed it sometime on the 25th. The size had been good for about five days after the end of the first annual Big Text Week, 12-19 November.

• Guess they are still working on fixing it. My text is still too large in the visual mode of the classic editor when using Firefox. I haven’t tried Chrome since Nov. 23 when I took the screenshot.

• Hi everyone,

Our developers took a look at your examples and it looks like in pretty much all cases the increase went from 13px natively (16px when viewed at 125% zoom) to 16px natively (which ends up at 20px at 125% zoom).

The main purpose of the change has been to make the font inside the editor about as large as the rest of the editor page (menus, postboxes, etc). Another advantage is that mobile devices won’t zoom-in automatically on that page, so it allows mobile users to actually be able to read their posts.

On this page, if you had previously zoomed the font should now be roughly the same size as it was previously. You can now view the page at only 100% or if you prefer to maintain a zoom you may need to adjust your work flow a bit.

• Thanks, amightywp, for looking into the issue. I am afraid I do not understand the final message. Do you mean we now have to live with the change and cannot hope for using smaller fonts in and only in the editor window?

• Well, this does not work well for those of us bloggers who use a PC. I’ve very unhappy with this “change”. It is not for the better.

Back to changing the font/text size in Firefox.

• @camprobert, Keep in mind that this change is only how the fonts appear in the editor window, and it has been done to bring the fonts in line with the rest of the page and to increase usability across the system. The font sizes have not changed when your post is published. We do not currently plan to change this back.

• @amightywp,

From 13 to 16 pixels. Is that a 23% increase in size (3/13)?

The main purpose of the change has been to make the font inside the editor about as large as the rest of the editor page (menus, postboxes, etc).

It does not have that result. Prior to 12 November 2014, the text inside the post editor window and text elsewhere in the editor page were about the same size. From 12-19 November they weren’t the editor window text being increased by somewhere in the vicinity of 20%. Then there was a correction on about 20 November, and the interior (window) text looked about the same size as the exterior text. A few days later the extreme difference returned.

Presently, normal line text within the post editor window (as seen in paragraphs, for example) is about the size of the heading text seen in the exterior areas of the post editor, e.g. the names of the right-hand sidebar modules.

Btw, the large difference is very apparent here in the forums as well.

• There was no change made within the Forums. The change was made only in a very specific location (the original editor). You may want to check and make sure that your browser is not zoomed.

• I never use zoom.
    Alright, so there was no change here. But the difference between the interior and exterior text is comparable. Greater difference here, actually. My point was that there is a large, very noticeable difference, both in the post/page editor and here, between interior and exterior text.

• And it wasn’t so at the post editor, for as long as I can remember, before 12 November.

• Thanks for letting us know, amightywp.

It is unusable, though. I will now have to change the font/text size in Firefox which will then change all websites that I view.

I also see a difference in text size in the editor on the Forums (much larger) compared with the text size on the rest of the page, but I don’t remember if it was like that already.

• I do not know if it is at all connected, but using the “distraction free writing” mode with the classical editor does not work any more: the format remains exactly the same except that the left and right panels are replaced by grey bars. I start to wonder whether or not we are getting forced into using the new “improved posting experience”!

• camprobert, I thought the exact same thing last week or the week before when so many problems occurred in the classic editor but not in the “new, too-blue-to-use, BBP” editor. They definitely are forgetting that many of the bloggers here use PCs, not mobile devices. I couldn’t even begin to do the amount of blogging using a mobile device. I understand that they want to make it useable for mobile users and mobile readers, but it’s getting ridiculous. I’ve published less posts this year starting in April/May when the first changes occurred. And I will continue posting less.

• The topic ‘My "Edit Post" page looks different (text too large)’ is closed to new replies.