my blog cannot be found by google

• and it’s been more than 8 weeks!!!

Hello! I urgently need hep or advice. I published my blog on the 31st of January and noticed that by typing the exact URL in a search bar it wasn’t suggested.

I already posted a thread about this as I noticed this. Answer was: be patient it takes sometimes a while (up to 8 weeks) for search engines to crawl a blog.

Well, I followed the advice, discussed with other bloggers, web content creators saying that it has always been immediate for them. Why should it be sooooo different for my blog?

I believe that there is a technical issue that prevents my blog from being crawled.

Will be sincerely grateful to this problem resolution. :)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello again! Since we’re not Google, we not able to state specifics or make any promises.

Well, I followed the advice, discussed with other bloggers, web content creators saying that it has always been immediate for them. Why should it be sooooo different for my blog?

Good question and you were smart to reach out to other folks for ideas! In many cases where it’s more immediate for other sites, it’s because those site are already well-established: up and running for a year or more. In your case, your blog was launched to the public only two months ago. It is still quite new.

Trust us when we say there is no technical issue preventing your blog from being crawled by search engines. That you get viewers and readership is extremely important to us.

I have two strategies below to see if we can get this going.

1. If you have time, you can try setting up Search Console to see if that might expedite this: https://wordpress.com/support/webmaster-tools/#google-search-console

Once you have setup Search Console correctly, you can follow the guide here to ask Google to recrawl your site: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/ask-google-to-recrawl

2. In addition to those two things, the most organic way to begin appearing in search (and staying relevant in search) is to continue writing and publishing new content onto your site on a regular basis. Strategies for this are here: https://wordpress.com/support/getting-more-views-and-traffic/

• Thank you for your answer.
    I’m working on the first option. Appearantly it takes a good day for google search console to analyse the website and then I can start to set it up.

One more thing, I am using the free version of WordPress. I noticed that many, way too many SEO and traffic mgmt tools can not be used on this version. Is it also in WordPress’s interest to make free plan blogs visible on search engines?

• @wandapowa Free blogs are visible on search engines. I’ll second everything my colleague said: if Google is finding something wrong with your site, the search engine console will tell you. In the meantime, you’ll want to blog and use the other tips we recommend, too.

• It’ finally online!! I followed the first advice: google search console and asked to recrawl my website, which takes less than a day! :D

• The topic ‘my blog cannot be found by google’ is closed to new replies.