MX Record For Sub Domain intrepid.marz.ca ( WordPress Website marz.ca )

• Hi there. I need to create a mx record for a subdomain that points to it’s self ( as required by Zimbra Collaboration Server ). What im looking for is this. I don’t believe wordpress provides the ability to set up such a record

MailServer Preference Subdomain

intrepid.marz.ca 10 intrepid.marz.ca

This has already been done for voyager.marz.ca ( which is still required ) if you require an example.

Alexanders-MacBook-Pro:~ lex$ dig mx voyager.marz.ca

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> mx voyager.marz.ca
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 2339
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;voyager.marz.ca. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    voyager.marz.ca. 14400 IN MX 10 voyager.marz.ca.

Thank you for your assistance.

• Hi there, for which WordPress.com site and domain are you looking to set up this MX record?

• WordPress website associated with the domain mapping of marz.ca. http://marzlex.wordpress.com

• You’re correct in that there isn’t a way to set up an MX record for a subdomain on our end. Where did you set up the current MX record for intrepid.marz.ca?

• There is no current MX record for the subdomain intrepid.marz.ca. As my domain is pointed to wordpress.com I require you to set it up for me =)

• Sorry, I meant where did you set up the current MX record for voyager.marz.ca, which you pasted into your original post?

• No Problem. I believe this was provisioned after contacting support similar to how I am now.

• Thanks very much. I’ve put in a special request for this record to be created manually by our systems team. I’ll keep you posted as soon as it’s done.

• Hi. I have added the requested MX record:

$ dig +short mx intrepid.marz.ca @ns1.wordpress.com
    10 intrepid.marz.ca.

Let us know if you need anything else.

• The topic ‘MX Record For Sub Domain intrepid.marz.ca ( WordPress Website marz.ca )’ is closed to new replies.