Missing photos from some years ago

• I use my blog gerburgkamm only once in a while to send holiday greetings. Now some photos from a few years ago are missing. Do I have to upgrade? And if I do so, will my old pictures be visible again? Thank you

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there,

I checked this and it looks like you may have been deleting the photos from your Media Library after they have been added to your posts. The images must be kept in your Media Library even after you have added them to a post or page. By removing them from the page you’ll get the 404 you are now seeing. In step form, here is what I would recommend:

1) Upload all media you’ve deleted from the library that is contained in one or more posts to your Media Library

2) Go to each post and click on the missing image then the pencil icon to edit the photo. You’ll then see a “Replace Image” link click that to link to your new images. Alternatively, you can remove the old images by pressing delete then clicking the “Add Media” button to add them back.

As an aside, if you’re worried about space I would recommend optimizing your images for the web. Currently you are uploading full size images which take up more space than web optimized images. We have a guide that explains image optimization here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/media/image-optimization/

I hope this helps if not just let us know.

• Thank you very much for your help. I’ll try what you recommended as soon as I have time. Thanks again

• Hey there,

Sure, let us know how it goes and all the best :)

Thanks!

• The topic ‘Missing photos from some years ago’ is closed to new replies.