Missed a payment due to bank account change and now domain seems to be expired.

• So I had pretty much this same problem a year or two ago..

My domain is inthedrops.net and it expired a few days ago because payment didn’t go through to google (?) (I saw a warning message at the top of Gmail so assume it’s related).

The email address in my account currently is reachable and not an inthedrops.net address. I remember needing an invoice to be sent to me for payment before things could get sorted last time?

The domain registrar is Wild West Domains out of Arizona and I can’t contact them via phone or email currently.

Any swift help would be appreciated. Thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, your domain has already been removed from our system and is currently in redemption with our registrar. It is still possible for me to recover the domain, but our registrar charges an $80 fee to restore a domain from redemption. Let me know if you agree to that fee, and I can start the recovery process.

• Ah ok. Yes I can do that.

• Sure thing. I’ve reached out to the domain registrar asking that they redeem inthedrops.net on your behalf. You will see that I’ve sent a manual payment form over email as well, this is for the annual domain registration plus the redemption fee to the registrar.

This process typically takes a few days, and you will hear back from our team once the domain has been reactivated on the account.

I did notice that this same process was needed last year. If possible, I’d suggest setting up a card on your account that can auto renew the domain, so you aren’t paying that $80 redemption fee each year. Here’s how you do it:
    https://wordpress.com/support/payment/#add-a-credit-card-to-your-account

• Thanks for that.

Have paid that fee now and will look into adding a card permanently.

• Perfect. We will let you know when we hear back from the registrar and the domain has been redeemed.

• Hi, is there any news from the registrar yet?

• Hi,

Our apologies for the delay here. There appears to be some sort of an error over on our registrar partner’s end of things. Not with your specific domain, but with their system overall.

We’ve escalated the situation and will monitor it closely. We will reply to you ASPS as soon as we find anything out.

Again, our apologies. This should not be taking as long as it has and we can understand any annoyance from your end of things.

• Seem to be getting emails through now so it looks like it’s all sorted? Thanks for the help everyone

• Yes! We’ve gotten it all sorted out. Thanks for your patience on that.

• The topic ‘Missed a payment due to bank account change and now domain seems to be expired.’ is closed to new replies.