Making site live

• I need help moving my site live online. I have it on Local running it locally but I want to upload it and be able to edit it with the visitor editor.

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• After making a site you will purchase hosting from hostinger and other hosting provider
    When I make my website Arkansascourtconnect I also purchase hosting.

• Hi there,

To move a local site to WordPress.com and go live with it you will first need a site on WordPress.com. Then, depending on the content you wish to move over, you can either export content via an XML file. Alternatively, you can use a plugin such as All in One WordPress Migration to generate an export file or perform a manual migration of contents (ie manually copying over wp-content folders and importing your database tables via SQL).

If you go with the XML option, you can import contents to a site here with any plan, including Free. However, if your site was built with plugins or 3rd party themes those contents will not transfer.

If you select the plugin or manual method, you will need to first add a plan that supports plugins (Creator or Entrepreneur). This will allow you to install the plugin you used on the local site on your site here, after which you can use it to import the contents. Or, for the manual, it will provide you access to your site’s file system via SFTP on WordPress.com or SSH on WordPress.com and access to the database via phpMyAdmin.

You can also refer to our migration guides here for more details:

Regarding the “visitor editor”, I’m not quite sure what you mean. Can you describe what sort of editor you’re thinking of?

Reply to Making site live