Main page and blog-feed trouble

• I changed my site’s theme, and accidentally trashed the main page. Even though I hit restore, ever since I can’t seem to edit the page that loads when you go to my URL, blackaproncraft.wordpress.com. I’ve been given a whole new ‘home’ page to edit, but that’s at blackaproncraft.wordpress.com/home… which is deeply, deeply frustrating. How do I edit blackaproncraft.wordpress.com, not just a subpage?

Also, my blog feed isn’t loading correctly. I tried to edit the URL to just /blog, but it reverted back to /blog-feed. They’re still there, and still load at blackaproncraft.wordpress.com (which, as previously mentioned, looks nothing like the home page I’m trying to create), except now neither of the posts I made load at /blog-feed.

Is there some way to just revert the whole thing to before I made those changes?

• Hi,

I changed my site’s theme, and accidentally trashed the main page. Even though I hit restore, ever since I can’t seem to edit the page that loads when you go to my URL, blackaproncraft.wordpress.com.

The site https://blackaproncraft.wordpress.com/ is displaying the posts page, aka the blog page, on the homepage. So there is no corresponding static page to edit.

Perhaps the deletion of the main page caused the Homepage Settings to switch. If you want to display that page or another on the front page again, you may do so at Customize > Homepage Settings. See the Set a Static “Home” Page (Front Page) support page for relevant information and instructions.

Also, my blog feed isn’t loading correctly. I tried to edit the URL to just /blog, but it reverted back to /blog-feed.

I don’t know of any reason why you shouldn’t be able to edit the slug in the URL https://blackaproncraft.wordpress.com/blog-feed/. Let me call for staff attention on that and your last question. Staff will respond here.

• I also don’t see what could be preventing you from editing that slug. Perhaps you had it specifically saved as the posts page earlier?

• Thank you all for being so helpful! I was about ready to cry I was so frustrated this afternoon. I still don’t really understand what was going on with the blog feed, but using the customization page to set my homepage seems to have fixed everything.

Again, thank you for the help!

• For what it’s worth, I tried editing the slug to see if I could reproduce the issue. I couldn’t. It went straight to just /blog . If you’re okay with just rolling with that, we can leave it as it is. And the if you run into trouble with other pages, we can try to sort it out.

Does that work for you?

• The topic ‘Main page and blog-feed trouble’ is closed to new replies.