Localization and SEO of websites

• Today I have an English language wordpress site to which my .dk and .se point. I would like to make a Danish and Swedish version as well. I am considering using the WPML plugin.

In connection with localization, I have the following questions:
    is it an advantage to make three different wp sites purely SEO-wise or is it just as good to use wpml e.g. and that way I could handle three languages in the same wp site? As mentioned, I have both .dk and .se, so I could also put all Danish content on .dk, all Swedish on .se and all English on .io. What speaks against it is that it requires a lot of maintenance and that it also looks professional that you can choose different languages on the website. But I do not know if Google is happier that we make three dedicated sites or if it ranks a common website with different languages just as high or even higher ?!

• Hi there!

I don’t see any sites under your account, what’s the address of the site you’re working on?

Please note that these forums are for WordPress.com hosted sites only. If your site is using the open-source WordPress.org software, we won’t be able to help you out and you’ll want to seek help at these forums:

https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

• Ooops, it is wordpress.org we use, sorry about that

• The topic ‘Localization and SEO of websites’ is closed to new replies.