Load inage(s) based on drop down selection?

• I’m very much a novice when it comes to Web design, I can tweak some code but am hoping a solution exists out there that won’t require too much tweaking…. I’m just struggling to find the answer!

Basically I want to create a simple site that I can upload images to. I then want to have some drop down boxes that will show one or two of the uploaded images based on the drop down selections.

There’s potential for thousands of images so I’d need to load the images on select, not use a solution where they’re preloaded and hidden until selected.

Is there a gallery plug in or image block method that would allow this kind of functionality?

• Since using plugins here requires a paid Business Plan, you’re not likely to find many folks who can offer a recommendation.

Because of this, I recommend asking over at https://wordpress.org/support/forum/miscellaneous/ instead.

• @seahorsenoodlesachilles36227,

Hi.

Basically I want to create a simple site that I can upload images to.

You can upload images to any free or paid WordPress.com site. See the following support pages:
    Images
    Media Library
    The Complete Guide to the Media Library at WordPress.com Go

I then want to have some drop down boxes that will show one or two of the uploaded images based on the drop down selections.

I’m not sure what you mean by drop down boxes. Navigation menus may include drop-down menus or sub-menus, but the content of drop-down menu items is limited to text, with or without a link.

In a page or post, and possibly in a widget as well, you may hide content behind text or an image that displays when the text or image is clicked using the accordion affect described in the Collapsible Content (accordion effect) section of the Advanced HTML support page.

While doing some testing with this code in March this year I discovered that you can hide images behind either text or another image with the code, and it will drop-down when you click the text or image behind which it is hidden. Let me know if you’d like some sample code. It won’t work with images here in a forum post, I’ve already tried, otherwise I’d provide a demonstration.

• I forgot to mention that with the collapsible content code you can hide a series of images. The hidden images may also be links themselves.

• I’d need to load the images on select, not use a solution where they’re preloaded and hidden until selected.

Sorry, I hadn’t read this part of the OP. (‘~’)

• No worries.

I had a brainwave last night that with my limited technical abilities one solution would have been to use frames to essentially have two different instances of the same page on a single screen.

But apparently coding styles from 20 years ago are frowned upon nowadays haha!

• The topic ‘Load inage(s) based on drop down selection?’ is closed to new replies.