Links remain invisible in Expound theme

• Hello,

I’ve been having problems with the Expound theme.

I do have the upgrade, which I recently purchased, and since having changed the colours all of my links in the Recent Posts, Archives, and Categories sections are white and invisible unless highlighted using the mouse.

I’ve tried making the Links colour pink in the custom palette, but that just changes the colour of the box that contains the link. It doesn’t make the white writing and links visible.

I was given a code to use, and I did copy and paste the link into the CSS window, but sadly, it didn’t work. My links remain invisible.

Is there anything else I can do?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

remove following line in your custom design:

a, a:hover {
      color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
    }

that should do the trick

• Hello!

Thank you so much for your help.

The only code in my CSS window is this:

body {
    color: inherit;
    }

Aside from that, it is empty, so I’m not sure where exactly to remove the line from.

• Hi, there were some issues with custom colors earlier. I activated Expound on my text blog and the links in the widgets work as they should when I choose a custom link color in the Customizer.

Try setting your site back to default (button at top of custom colors) and then save. Go back into custom colors and again choose your colors and see if that fixes the issue.

• Hi there, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

I tried out your suggestion, and the links do show up under the default setting (kind of khaki/beige), but as soon as I turned it back into custom colors they disappeared again…

Oh dear.

• Hello again,
    from what I’ve gathered the customizer seems to be the culprit.
    As workaround and following on what SacredPath suggested
    -set your colors back to default but save it on default,
    go to your custom css and change the colors there.
    Here are the main css properties that make your links white/invisible:

}
    .navigation-main ul > .current_page_item, .navigation-main ul > .current-menu-item, .navigation-main ul > .current-post-ancestor, .navigation-main ul > .current-menu-ancestor, .navigation-main ul > .current-menu-parent, .navigation-main ul > .current-post-parent {
    }
    .entry-thumbnail-category a, .entry-thumbnail-category a:hover {
    }
    .navigation-main a {
    }

Simply change the “rgb(..)” values to any color you want.

Kind rgrds

• Hello again,
    Thanks again for your help. I have tinkered with the code (having no idea what I’m doing). Now when I hover over the link with the mouse, it goes pink, but the link itself is still white and therefore invisible. We’re nearly there I think! I have hope!

This is all the code I have in my CSS window:

body {
    }

a:hover {
    color: #FF4D94;(255,255,255);
    }

.navigation-main ul > .current_page_item, .navigation-main ul > .current-menu-item, .navigation-main ul > .current-post-ancestor, .navigation-main ul > .current-menu-ancestor, .navigation-main ul > .current-menu-parent, .navigation-main ul > .current-post-parent {
    color: body {
    }

a:hover {
    }

}

}

.navigation-main a {
    color: white;(255,255,255);
    };(255,255,255);
    }

}

.navigation-main a {
    }

• Whoopsy daisy,
    my previous answer might not have been clear enough
    as it’s been misunderstood. Also I have used rgb values instead of Hex values which surely makes it confusing.
    Let’s take it again:

color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    }
    }
    .navigation-main a {
    }
    .navigation-main a:hover, .main-small-navigation a:hover {
    }

The above are the main css properties that make your links white/invisible. I have added the last line for your navigation hover.
    Do not tinker, remove the lines you have added earlier
    and simply copy paste this and save it. Afterwards you can start replacing the #FFFFFF values to the colors that you want.
    But don’t give the links the same color as the background
    they are on -> this is what makes them “invisible”.

• Oh my goodness you are amazing!!! Problem solved!
    Thank you SO much!!
    I love my website now, it’s beautiful!
    Yay for WordPress! :)

• Brilliant! Glad we made it happen! All best~

• Great job, cristovaov!

• Thanks David! Perhaps we could mark this topic as closed/resolved?
    -cheers

• The topic ‘Links remain invisible in Expound theme’ is closed to new replies.