linking new blog to word press domain name

• I was told i could not do this until April 12. Why the delay?
    I am now trying to link it but being told that that domain name is taken. Yes it is, by me!!!!!Please help. Is there anyone who understands how this freaking site works. The company offers no help at all, just public forums.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

Can you please let me know the domain name in question so I can have a look and understand what’s going on?

If your domain is still transfer-locked, then you can keep it with your current registrar and point it here by mapping it:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/map-existing-domain/

• Yes the domain name which is not officially up yet is broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.
    I want to link it to the worpress blog of the same name. However the blog was previously titled thelasttimeisawparis and I don’t know how to delete the blog contents from the previous blog. Thanks for your help.

• Hi there,

To clear the contents of a site, follow the steps in this guide:

Empty Your Site to Start Fresh

• Thanks i was able to clear the contents but the blog name is still the old name.
    How do i change the name and how do i make sure it is linked to my domain name?

• I think you may actually be logged into the wrong account.

The blog broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.wordpress.com is already linked to the custom domain broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.com, however, it has been created under the account bdennis698 and not the one you’re posting from.

You’ll want to log out from broonglobaltelevision and log in as bdennis698 to be able to manage the site and access Live Chat support.

If you made a mistake and wanted to create the site under the account you’re using to post here, you can move it as explained here:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/transferring-a-site-to-another-wordpress-com-account/

If you have more questions, let me know, I’ll be happy to clarify further if needed.

• I am trying to change a blog site address from thelasttimeisawparis.wordpress.com to broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.wordpress.com. Then i will be changing the email it is associated with.
    When i go to enter the new blog address i get a message in red saying address must be between 4 and 50 characters and it will not let me click on the change address box. Please help.

• The blog broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.wordpress.com already exist, so you won’t be able to change the address of thelasttimeisawparis.wordpress.com to that one.

You can, however, move the domain broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.com to thelasttimeisawparis.wordpress.com but, as I mentioned earlier, this must be done from the account bdennis698. If you use a custom domain, nobody can see the underlying subdomain with the .wordpress.com extension.

• Thanks still a bit confused. Can you go over with me the steps to do the two tasks I need to accomplish.
    1) The blog should be attached to the email (email visible only to moderators and staff) not bdennis698.com
    2) I then need to change or overlay the title so that it no longer reads or shows thelasttimeisawparis and instead reads broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.
    Thanks for your patience.
    I’m asking again because i don’t want to do this incorrectly and then have to deal with a bigger mistake.

• Let’s take a step back and clear some things.

Do you have access to your other WordPress.com account bdennis698? I’m asking this because that’s the account that owns both broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.wordpress.com and broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.com. You’re currently logged in to the account broonglobaltelevision which is already associated with the email you mentioned in your last message.

• Yes, I do have access to that account. However, i am signed into that account by mistake. I want first to change the email associated with the blog site to (email visible only to moderators and staff) . How do I do that? Why are there two accounts: broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.wordpress.com and broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.com? There should only be one. Do I need to eliminate one of them?

• Every email address can only be used once on WordPress.com’s entire system. So, if the email address you want to use is already in use on another account you would first need to change that email address on the account. I’d suggest using a made up throw away option if you aren’t going to use the account going forward.

Then, on the account that you want to use, go to https://wordpress.com/me/account/ and change the email there. It should be freed in our system for use again.

I hope that helps.

• The email on that account link is the correct email. I guess that means there is nothing to change. Can you tell me is that account is the one that will link to my domain name (which i guess is coming in April) broontheglobaltelevisionbeat.com?

• I’m not sure I follow. Is the email on the account link correct for broonglobaltelevision or for the owner of the site?

We can’t tell you the email address associated with the site. But you can just look for the emails that get renewal reminders and receipts and what not. That will be the correct one.

Are you able to log into both accounts right now?

• 1) when i go to log in it lists the site as broontheglobaltelevisionbeat which is correct.
    2) however when i click on broontheglobaltelevisionbeat it comes up as the former blogsite thelasttimeisawparis, which i am trying to delete. It has the copy from the blog of four years ago and on the top line still says thelasttimeisawparis.
    How do i delete this copy and change the name on the top line so that it reads broontheglobaltelevisionbeat ?

• What I’m seeing is that you do not currently have any site under your account with broontheglobaltelevisionbeat in the URL.

What you do have is https://thelasttimeisawparis.wordpress.com/ whose title is “broontheglobaltelevisionbeat” and you can change that at https://wordpress.com/settings/general/thelasttimeisawparis.wordpress.com

• The topic ‘linking new blog to word press domain name’ is closed to new replies.