Link Gallery Image to a Page

• Helllo:

I am trying to link the images I have in a gallery each to a new unique page. Is that possible? I don’t want to use the attachment site for the image.

Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You can definitely do that, you just need to set Link To as ‘Custom URL’ in the media settings for that image when you insert it.

Here are the full instructions: Image Links

• Hi Ashley!

We can set the gallery thumbnail image to link to an attachment page or the original image, not to a specific page or URL. The instructions that @lettergrade provide only apply to images that are not in a gallery. Try adding the URL into the caption field of an image. This will show the link when someone hovers over the image in your gallery.

Let me know if it works for you.

• That works, but if they click on the image it takes them to the attachment page, which has not information on it. Is there a way to change the image so it won’t do that?

• We will not be able to specify the link of the image or remove it. However, we can use CSS tricks to prevent users from clicking the image. If you have the Custom Design upgrade, you can add the following custom CSS to the CSS Editor in the Appearance → Customize → CSS panel in your blog dashboard.

.tiled-gallery-caption { height: 100%;}
    .tiled-gallery .tiled-gallery-item a { position: relative;top: 50%;}

Here is a screenshot to see what the changes will look like.

Please let me know if that works.

• The topic ‘Link Gallery Image to a Page’ is closed to new replies.