Linen theme What is css tweak space under blockquote

• I’ve got some custom css to style my blockquote, but there’s so much space below it that I can’t remove. Here’s what I’ve got:

/* to customize blockquotes/pullquotes */
    blockquote p {
    	font-size: 14px;
    	color: #00008A;
    	background: #EFEFEF;
    	border: 10px solid #EFEFEF;
    	margin: -20px;
    }

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, let’s make a bit of a change to what you have and use blockquote p to style only the text and then do the background and such in the main blockquote rule. Replace your blockquote p rule with the following two rules and see what you think.

blockquote p {
        color: #00008A;
        font-size: 14px;
    }
    blockquote {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EFEFEF;
        margin-left: 25px;
        padding: 10px 15px 2px;
    }
  • Thank you.

There’s still space below the blockquote though- I think I’d rather place the spaces in manually, if it’s possible to add to eliminate the extra space above & below the box.

• Adding spaces above or below an element such as a blockquote by using additional returns/enters in the editor can be problematic and you never know when they are going to go away on you when you open, edit and save a post with them. Replace the blockquote rule I had given with the following and see what you think.

blockquote {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EFEFEF;
        margin-left: 25px;
        padding: 10px 15px 2px;
        margin-top: 0;
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }
  • On the blockquote on your main page, the space below is the top is the bottom padding on the page title, and the space below is the top padding on the h2 Focus on…” line of text.

• Well your newest code worked for me so I’m sticking with it.
    Thanks!

• The topic ‘Linen theme What is css tweak space under blockquote’ is closed to new replies.