Likes and like button gone

• On all the blogs I visit on Reader menu. Best
    Macilane Skickat från min iPhone
    2 apr. 2018 kl. 22:32 skrev donotreply>:

lizkarkoski replied to a forum topic that you subscribe to

in response to the topic “Likes and like button gone”:

This is on macilane.wordpress.com?

Reply View forum topic

• Could you share a few examples here? Or a screen shot? That way I can try to replicate.

If you open up the posts are you able to like them?

• It can not be shown. When I press the Like-icon (star) it blinks to yellow and in a second back to white again. This is in Safari. In the separate Dock wordpress-menu it stats yellow when I leave the blog, but when I go back to view the blog again there is no trace of my pressed Like. It now seems that I have not visited the blog at all. Luckily enough my comment remains produced. Best wishes
    3 apr. 2018 kl. 17:54 skrev donotreply>:

Could you share a few examples here? Or a screen shot? That way I can try to replicate.

If you open up the posts are you able to like them?

Reply View forum topic

• Which version of Safari are you using?

• Version 11.1. But as I told yuo it is the same with Firefox and same when I use a Window computer with Firefox and Safari. Remark – everything worked before you updated WP the last time. /macilane Skickat från min iPhone
    3 apr. 2018 kl. 18:28 skrev donotreply>:

Which version of Safari are you using?

Reply View forum topic

• Just to be certain, have you restarted your computer and cleared the browser caches recently?

• Many times! Does not help ☹️
    Regards
    4 apr. 2018 kl. 17:42 skrev donotreply>:

Just to be certain, have you restarted your computer and cleared the browser caches recently?

Reply View forum topic

• You are able to like posts through our desktop app, correct?

• I am able to like posts in other blogs when I use the desktop app, but it disappear as soon as I quit from the app. My Gravatar is seen in Like ONLY as long as I remain in the desktop app. It also disappear if I use the VISIT the blog in the desktop app – Safari opens when I press Visit.
    And – as soon as I log into any blog via Safari or the desktop app, then the added Like is gone.
    The negative thing is that none of my likes on the blogs which I have visited remains (cannot be seen)
    when I start Safari and visit the blogs as a normal visitor.
    By the way – I have several times checked all the settings in my blog and they remain as well since last year.
    I am very grateful that my COMMENTS are accepted and will remain in the blogs I visit, therefore I do not
    care to click the like – I have to make a comment how silly it may be, hahahahaha.
    Regards,
    Macilane

4 apr. 2018 kl. 18:18 skrev donotreply>:

You are able to like posts through our desktop app, correct?

Reply View forum topic

• Yeah, this is odd. I’m trying to figure out where the root of the issue lies. Hence all my questions.

I’d like to get this resolved or at least find the cause. To do that, I still need a bit more information so I can try to replicate the environment that you are using.

1. What operating system and version number are you using?
    2. What browsers and version numbers have you been using?
    3. What version of the desktop app do you have?
    4. Have you cleared your cookies in addition to the cache?

• Hello, I am very happy to see that you still look into the matter – as it seems to be actual only for me.
    First I will point out that the same open/disappear of the yellow Like star is valid for all my computer
    units as well the ASUS Windows PC with Firefox, as my Mac with High Sierra 10.13.4 using either
    Safari or Firefox and my three iDevices (iPhone and iPadMini) using IOS 11.3 with Safari.
    I have several times cleared cookies and cache and performed new start-ups as well.
    The desktop WordPress app is version 3.2.0.
    You see, comments work as they should and my own blog receiver the likes from these other
    bloggers visiting my blog and press the Like (all of the does not do that, hahahaha). Fewer make
    comments. I look always in the Jetpack statistics to see wether or not there has been any visitor
    at all.
    As the like will not stay yellow I have to make comment, how silly they may be, but the the bloggers
    see that I am still ”liking” their blogs even if I – as they think – not press Like.

By the way – I have the free packet – as you might know.

Have a nice weekend
    and let it be.
    I look forward to next update of WordPress – someting might happen – make everything worse
    as it was some month ago.
    Best regards,
    Macilane.

6 apr. 2018 kl. 15:18 skrev donotreply>:

Yeah, this is odd. I’m trying to figure out where the root of the issue lies. Hence all my questions.

I’d like to get this resolved or at least find the cause. To do that, I still need a bit more information so I can try to replicate the environment that you are using.

1. What operating system and version number are you using? 2. What browsers and version numbers have you been using? 3. What version of the desktop app do you have? 4. Have you cleared your cookies in addition to the cache?

Reply View forum topic

• Hello again, My theme Caroline is withdrawn and the Customizer does not work.
    Could it be that my problem with Like etc. depends on this?
    Is there any other theme which accepts the same header picture, which I use now???????
    Best regards,
    Ante 6 apr. 2018 kl. 15:18 skrev donotreply>:

Yeah, this is odd. I’m trying to figure out where the root of the issue lies. Hence all my questions.

1. What operating system and version number are you using? 2. What browsers and version numbers have you been using? 3. What version of the desktop app do you have? 4. Have you cleared your cookies in addition to the cache?

Reply View forum topic

• Hi,
    What about the theme Colinear?
    /Macilane

• Hi, Now Ihave changed theme to Colinear and the Like is still nogood.
    / macilane Skickat från min iPhone
    8 apr. 2018 kl. 11:09 skrev Ante Sewerin :
    Hello again, My theme Caroline is withdrawn and the Customizer does not work.
    Could it be that my problem with Like etc. depends on this?
    Is there any other theme which accepts the same header picture, which I use now???????
    Best regards,
    Ante 6 apr. 2018 kl. 15:18 skrev donotreply>:

Reply View forum topic

• Hi, Today I have another peculiar thing to tell. When I press LIKE in other blogs comments I get
    an error message
    You cannot LIKE the comment.
    I was, is, using, the WordPress Web-icon.
    /Macilane 6 apr. 2018 kl. 15:18 skrev donotreply>:

Reply View forum topic

• Hi –

What is the exactly link to the post in question? I will try to test it from my side and see if I can replicate what you’ve described with the disappearing links.

Are these comments that you’re unable to like on your own posts or someone else?

• Hi,
    If I go to any of the blogs in WordPress/Reader it will look as this example:

https://zekezypt.com/2018/04/11/plankornas-historia/ (if Safari is used)
    When I use the dock icon WordPress you see this
    ”Plankornas historia – Flytten till landet – Reader — WordPress.com)
    There I cannot press Like – get an error. See picture below

Back to Like. In Safari they will only lit up and disappear directly.
    In WordPress(web-icon) they will remain yellow as long as I stay
    in WordPress. If I quiz and come back – they have gone.
    Best regards,
    Macilane

11 apr. 2018 kl. 15:54 skrev donotreply>:

Hi –

What is the exactly link to the post in question? I will try to test it from my side and see if I can replicate what you’ve described with the disappearing links.

Are these comments that you’re unable to like on your own posts or someone else?

Reply View forum topic

• Hello, By the way, this Like-problem started exactly on first of April. Someone carried out an april joke, maybe. hahahaha.
    Now I have accepted the situation and does not care about it any longer – you can dismiss it from your agenda,
    if you ”like”, haha. I handle my connection with my blog friends mainly with comments now.
    As long as the blog friends put a ”LIKE” on my (!) own blog, I do not care too much. The important to me
    nowadays is to follow the statistics produced by JETPACK. It tells me how many visitors, where they look, etc.
    Best regards,
    Ante Sewerin = Macilane.

Hi –

Reply View forum topic

• Hello, By the way, this Like-problem started exactly on first of April. Someone carried out an april joke, maybe. hahahaha.
    Now I have accepted the situation and does not care about it any longer – you can dismiss it from your agenda,
    if you ”like”, haha. I handle my connection with my blog friends mainly with comments now.
    As long as the blog friends put a ”LIKE” on my (!) own blog, I do not care too much. The important to me
    nowadays is to follow the statistics produced by JETPACK. It tells me how many visitors, where they look, etc.
    Best regards,
    Ante Sewerin = Macilane.

Hi –

Reply View forum topic

• The topic ‘Likes and like button gone’ is closed to new replies.