Libre 2 Theme, how to put fixed menu bar

• I couldn’t find the setting where you can make the main menu bar sticky. Pls help!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello!

It looks like you resolved this by switching to the TwentySeventeen theme. Please post again if you have other questions about this topic.

• Hi! Yes, I have been trying out different themes to see which one speaks to me the best :) So far, I have been loving TwentySeventeen the most. I wanted to try out the Libre 2 theme, because it says that it has a sticky menu feature but I couldn’t find it in the customization options. :(

• Hello again!

You are right. The Libre 2 fixed menu seems to need some fixing. :-) It works on the demo site, but it’s scrolling off the screen on my newly minted Libre 2 test site.

Maybe your post was meant to be a bug report. I will flag it for staff attention.

If you are still shopping other WordPress.com themes that offer a fixed menu, you can see a listing at this link:
    https://wordpress.com/themes/filter/fixed-menu

• Okay, then. Thank you very much for your help! 😊

• Hi @donabelleagbayani and @drizzleblocks, the theme Libre 2 should automatically display a fixed menu and it does so on my test site.

Could one of you set it on your site and let me know the address so that I could have a look?

• @fresatomica

I deleted my test site yesterday, so I created another one:
    https://libre357884743.wordpress.com/

Today, I notice that the menu is only scrolling off the display at certain lesser display widths. Switching to the Tablet view shows this. Or you can scroll up until the menu reaches its fixed position, and then narrow the browser window until the menu disappears.

I reproduced this with the mac versions of Firefox, Brave, and Chrome.

• Hi folks,

Today, I notice that the menu is only scrolling off the display at certain lesser display widths.

It’s been a while since I confirmed this, but I kind of want to say mobile browsers don’t support “fixed” position settings for menus, backgrounds, etc. A quick search of position:fixed mobile seems to show it’s still a thing designers grapple with. So it would make sense for the menu to un-stick on smaller screens since most mobile experiences wouldn’t support that anyway.

Is it pretty consistently working on desktop browsers, though?

• @supernovia,

Is it pretty consistently working on desktop browsers, though?

To be precise, all of my testing is on desktop browsers. Maybe it’s a finer point if the breakpoint fits the intent of abandoning a fixed menu for a mobile display.

It seems to change at around 1100 pixels. This permits for a non-fixed menu on something that arguably looks like a relatively wide browser window on a computer display.

• Ah, I see what you mean. This is expected though, the smaller the screen is, the more annoying it could be to have something take space that could be used for the actual page content.

• The topic ‘Libre 2 Theme, how to put fixed menu bar’ is closed to new replies.