issue with customize and background image

• I can’t get any of the background image functions to work since this option moved over the new customize.php file. I’m trying to delete the background image, and it SEEMS as though it works, but when you test it on the live site, you still see the old image. You can remove the background image, save, then add a new image and save again and repeat the process, but it just doesn’t work, even though it APPEARS to work at customize.php. then, if you close out your tab of customize.php and open a new one, you’ll see the background image is exactly as it was before you started working.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• To get Staff help type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread please. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Then please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• I’m having the exact same problem. Been trying for two days now.

• @velvetmountains
    You are not using the same theme. Please start your own thread https://en.forums.wordpress.com/?new=1

• Hi there,

Right now you are previewing the Custom Design features in your site’s customizer. You can either upgrade your site to keep all of those custom design features and activate them on your site, or you can exit the preview to go back to the free features (including the free custom background feature) for your site.

To do that, you can open your site’s Customizer and go the Fonts or CSS section. At the top of that section, you’ll see this message:

This feature is a part of the Premium Plan. Purchase to make it live or exit the preview.

You can click on “Purchase to make it live” to upgrade or click on “exit the preview” to exit that preview without upgrading your site. Please let me know if you have any questions about that!

• Hi rachelmcr,
    thanks so much for you help! I was unaware that the CSS upgrade was related to the background image function!

• The topic ‘issue with customize and background image’ is closed to new replies.