Is this a problem of cache or cookies, or something else?

• For some reason, I ask the wp.com move my blog again to wp.com that I have moved through the facilities of “guided transfer” to a self-hosted.
    It can not directly open a blog, then a few moments I can. But after a moment later, the blog could not be opened again with “forbidden page ” display.
    What causes such a case? I have sent an email to staff wp.com who assisted me in “wp.com guided trasfer”. But because he may be busy, I have not got the answer to that email.
    Does anyone can explain, why it happened?
    Thank you.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I can’t say for sure what’s causing this. I would log out, clear my browser cache and cookies as I do any time anything goes wrong. If another Volunteer does not have help to to offer please be patient waiting for Staff to get back to you. It could be that the Staff member who was working with you is in a different time zone.

• Thanks TT.
    Something that make me wonder is some time ago, my web (wp.com) can be accessed. There are some friends who can enter and submit comments. But some time later, the display showing “forbidden” again.
    Of course, I am awaiting response from the staff wp.com.
    Thank you.

• I would vote for a local cache issue, when I moved my sites I got the old site for a long time but friends that had never visited my site go the new site immediately – your ISP could have information cached locally or in more that one router all of which will confuse you.

However the staff has access to more info than we do to double check the move. Keep the faith in the Staff.

Was the move on the site linked to your name?

• @auxclass: “Was the move on the site linked to your name?” Yes of course…
    Thank you…

• @duto, send another email to staff on this. I’m afraid it isn’t something we volunteers can help with. In general I would expect a file or folder permissions issue.

• http://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/omkicau.com shows the name servers pointing to WordPress.com – I would expect them to be pointing to your new host –

• TSP:
    Okay, I certainly would. Thank you.

• auxclass:
    Oh, great. Thank.

• auxclass:
    Sorry, I’m still going to be in wp.com. Do not be returned to the hosting that I had used before.

• auxclass:
    That’s: “For some reason, I ask the wp.com MOVE my blog AGAIN to wp.com that I have moved through the facilities of “guided transfer” to a self-hosted.”
    Thank you very much.

• Duto is being modest. He will not tell you guys that his blog receives around 25.000 hits every single day. I think the new host couldn’t handle the traffic, don’t you think?

• Nandobase:
    The problem is not only lies in the traffic, but how much we can provide the money to pay for self-hosted service that can accommodate a lot of traffic (hehee…) and intelligence we organize and maintaining cpanel….

• Well, I think what I asked is answered by volunteers adn friend here. I just need to wait for email from the wp.com staff about it. I think they’ve done the right thing. Because, as I can see through the dashboard, there are some friends who come and leave a comment. Surprisingly, I can manage the contents dashboard but I can not see the front display (still shows the “forbidden page”), even though I’ve cleared cache and cookies.
    Thank all…

• The topic ‘Is this a problem of cache or cookies, or something else?’ is closed to new replies.