Invalid Key {6} message

• I’ve chatted with 2 people from Bell Aliant today and both insisted it was nothing to do with them. I don’t even know what to ask them to check on their end….any ideas?

The issue with HughesNet was that their turbo page feature could not resolve mapped domains. If you called your ISP again, I’d press that issue. You may need to also ask to be moved up to someone past their level 1 support, who (if they’re like my ISP) probably have no clue how their own network works.

So you tried logging in with my username and password and it worked for you? Should I just give up or is there really a solution?

Yep, it worked fine for me. There’s a solution out there, we just have to narrow down the cause first. Did you have any luck with other locations?

makeitprettyme, if it’s happening at home and at work on the same computer, it’s probably not network or ISP related. At least we know it works fine on other computers. Are you running any firewalls or security software? If so, would you please check with those temporarily disabled so we can rule them out?

• just basic windows firewall on my laptop and it has symantec AV. my desktop at home has Zonealarm and Microsoft security essentials so since they are not using the same programs on both computers it seems unlikely that is the problem.

• Would you mind disabling those just to be sure?

• back at home now on desktop: disable antivirus and zone alarm. made no difference.

• Hm, drat. I have a sneaking suspicion that, like embracingrace, you may have an issue on your home network.

Would you be able to check elsewhere with the laptop and those security apps temporarily disabled? Maybe at work tomorrow?

• I will check both my laptop and my husband’s computer at his work tomorrow. It uses a different ISP, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I’m dreading that it has to do with ISP, because the people at Bell Aliant have not been very helpful…seems like I know more than they do. So I may try to call and get someone higher up like you said….what exactly should I ask them? I don’t know the jargon enough to make a sensible sentence…lol

• I’d just mention, “When connected through you as my ISP, I am unable to resolve my mapped domain embracingrace.com at WordPress.com.”

Please let us know how it goes at work tomorrow!

• I will…I’m not going away until it’s resolved….trying not to obsess about it. lol!

• SUCCESS! I just realized that the only thing about the computer I tried at the office and the ones that don’t work is that I have an internet filter called covenanteyes on the ones that are getting the error. I went to my filter setup site (it filters through their server) and added makeitpretty.me as an “always allow” site and that fixed it!

embracinggrace: do you happen to have an internet filter?

• makeitprettyme, perfect! Thanks for letting us know!

embracingrace, if you have any such filters or security software, you might want to try with those disabled.

• Thanks alot for all your help! you got me thinking in the right direction.

• OH MY GOODNeSS!!!!! I cannot believe this- makeitprettyme, YES! I do have covenant eyes!!!! And my husband just asked me this afternoon- “do you think it’s the filter?” I said I didn’t know, but we could try going to their site tomorrow and changing the settings.

This is amazing- what are the chances of us having this problem at the same time, AND having the same content filter….answer to prayer, I say.

I will look into it and hope that it works for me too!!

• OK, just restarted the computer and IT WORKED. Truly amazed here. Thank you, makeitprettyme! So glad we were in this together and figured it out!

And Happiness Engineer- THANKS for sticking with us!! (Tuck this tip away for the next person who has this issue….covenant eyes content filter.) :)

• I took a look at your blog that’s under construction (b4 you responded) and had a feeling you might be using the same filter. :-)

This is actually my wife’s blog – I’m just the techie guy. But you might be interested in seeing her blogs (kayscounselingblog.wordpress.com and makeitpretty.me). Looks like you two have similar interests. :-)

• Wow, yes we do.
    I’ve just begun the design part- didn’t want to go too far until I knew the problem could be resolved. I’m SO thankful it wasn’t the ISP- they were less than helpful.

• Thank you very much for confirming that! I’ll be putting Covenant Eyes down as a problem for future reference.

Thanks again!

• The topic ‘Invalid Key {6} message’ is closed to new replies.