Invalid country code when trying to pay!

• Hi. I am trying to point my domain name myblueearth.biz to my blog but when I enter the Visa payment details it says
    ‘This transaction cannot be processed. Please use a valid country on the billing address.’

You can only select a country from their drop down list so if the country is not valid then why have it in the list? And the country is valid anyway!(Kenya)

I contacted support about a week ago but I have not had a reply yet.

Any help would be much appreciated!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hello there,
    I have flagged this thread for Staff attention. Please be patient while waiting for them to respond.

• We use PayPal for our payment gateway, and unfortunately they have decided to block a few countries, including Kenya. At this time, there is nothing that we can do, unless you have a source of payment from outside of the country.

• Many thanks for your advice. Bad news for me!

• Lebanon seems to be blocked as well…

So if you live in Africa or Middle East you can’t have a domain name on WP, right?

Any explanations WHY?

Smells like racism, doesn’t it?

• Yes, Lebanon is included as well. I am unclear on the reason, but this block is not directly from us.

We use PayPal to process our payments, and PayPal has suddenly chosen to block these countries, therefore we are unable to process payments from these countries.

• The topic ‘Invalid country code when trying to pay!’ is closed to new replies.