Insights Page Feedback

• We recently announced the Insights page. We’re thrilled to see how much you care about your stats, and we’re paying attention. We’ve moved the conversation here so that we can better track trends in the conversation. We welcome your helpful feedback.

Please post any feedback you have here. The most helpful feedback has specific details and scenarios. Let us know which feature you’re having trouble with, what you expected to see, and what you’re seeing instead.

• Also, please keep discussion in this thread to the Insights announcement. If you have other feedback or support questions regarding any other aspect of WordPress.com, please feel free to start a new thread on the topic.

• I have concerns; if you’re giving us stats on posting why isn’t there a weekly and monthly summary?

The two things that I use most are the referrals and the charts.

I, like many blogger, use pinterest. I want to see what views are coming in from pinterest. On the new pages, the text is all squished in and truncated so each referral has to be clicked and I’m sent back to pinterest to see what pin was used. On the old stats the referral showed in its entirety and I was able to glance down the list. This is an enormous time waster.

I would also like an easy way to see my followers both on wordpress, twitter and email on my insights page, not just the wordpress & twitter followers.

The summary charts are something I use daily if not several times per day – the months and years, average per day and recent works provide me with a lot of information. Now if you could combine that with the number of posts posted it would be even more powerful.

The summary pages on the “old stats” that give today and yesterday and then allow one to click for the 7 days, 30 days, quarter, year and all time are hugely important to me. These options on referrers and top posts and pages give me a LOT of data! Please keep this! And perhaps tie it in with the individual posts stats pages.

I appreciate that I can click now on an individual post link in the stats and see the stats now just for that post, but I have to wait until it is clicked so it shows up. If you have that stat, I want to be able to see each and every post. I hope that makes sense? I would like there to be the same summaries that you have that I mentioned above. Daily, Weekly, monthly, quarter, yearly, all time….

• Since my comment on the blog post was apparently not approved for posting, I’ll reiterate it here.

There was nothing wrong with the original stats page. It gave us all the information we needed in an easy-to-read format, with more detailed information easily available through links. Other than coordinating information across multiple platforms – which shouldn’t involve making a useful page into a useless one – WP has given its users minimal explanation or justification for the changes to the stats function.

When I go to my stats page, I am looking for information on blog activity *for that day. I don’t need information on when I have posted in the past or when I get the most readers.

At the very least, make the “Days” stats page the landing page.

And stop trying to fix things that aren’t broken.

• Oh, and please restore the links to the Forum that were at the bottom of the old stats page. We used to be able to go directly to the Forum from the stats page, and now we have to go through the WP admin page to get to the Forum links. More un-user-friendly design.

• For Jonathan Sadowski

Your server is rejection my email responses.

You said:

“I just wanted to follow up on a comment you left on WordPress.com News. Are you using the most recent version of Chrome? Does the device you’re using it on have a touch screen? For example, does your laptop have a touch screen?”

My reply:

Thanks again Jonathan,

I am hoping for a resolution.

I am using the latest Chrome version: Version 43.0.2357.81 m (64-bit).

Version 43.0.2357.81 m (64-bit)Google Chrome is up to date.

My Notebook is a Touchscreen Computer: HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC

Again, IE v11.0.9600.17801 shows Posting Activity.

Best…

James

• Your server is rejecting my email responses.

• While I like the added quick “summary” that the Insights page provide, I agree with frugalhausfrau above. There is a lot that is being lost in the transition. If I had to choose, and I voted every time I clicked on the “old stats page,” I’d rather have the old stats page. Both would be great. Is there a reason why WordPress can’t do both?

• I prefer and use the classic (very old) Stats page that is accessible through wp-admin (classic dashboard).

• I want to weigh in here because I don’t like the switch from the old stats page option to this “insights” page. Bear with me as I’ve only read a few of the comments posted previously and would like to share my personal reasoning, even if it is a repeat.

On the old stats page, I can see everything at a glance with percentages included for this week versus last week. I can quickly calculate to see what I need to do to hit my goals for traffic to my blog. On the new stats page, there are pretty graphs with some nice information but no percentages and no quick, easy, at-a-glance ways to see if I am on pace for my monthly traffic goals. This may seem a bit silly. I don’t know that it matters all that much to anyone but myself, but it does matter to me. I want to attract more traffic increasingly. I want to know that things I do one month aren’t slowing traffic patterns, and I also want to know that the things I quit doing aren’t slowing the traffic. Sometimes the things I do aren’t easily tracked by any stats page. They include the amount of interaction I do with other bloggers. I keep manual track of those items so as to note what the effects are on my stats. Without a percentage tracker or a page where I can see day by day stats at the same time as weekly, monthly or yearly stats, I have trouble figuring out whether I am keeping my traffic on pace at the beginning of the month. All this was so easy to see on the old stats page. All this is now hidden.

I have seen the link given to previous posters, but I wonder how long will I have access to the information. I don’t mind WordPress updating things, but I don’t like having information taken away that I’ve come to rely on. Rearrange it for visibility. Add explanations or include options for hiding info if some bloggers don’t want to see it. But please don’t take it all away.

Thanks for your consideration.

All my best,
    Marie Gail

• I want to weigh in here because I don’t like the switch from the old stats page option to this “insights” page. Bear with me as I’ve only read a few of the comments posted previously and would like to share my personal reasoning, even if it is a repeat.

On the old stats page, I can see everything at a glance with percentages included for this week versus last week. I can quickly calculate to see what I need to do to hit my goals for traffic to my blog. On the new stats page, there are pretty graphs with some nice information but no percentages and no quick, easy, at-a-glance ways to see if I am on pace for my monthly traffic goals. This may seem a bit silly. I don’t know that it matters all that much to anyone but myself, but it does matter to me. I want to attract more traffic increasingly. I want to know that things I do one month aren’t slowing traffic patterns, and I also want to know that the things I quit doing aren’t slowing the traffic. Sometimes the things I do aren’t easily tracked by any stats page. They include the amount of interaction I do with other bloggers. I keep manual track of those items so as to note what the effects are on my stats. Without a percentage tracker or a page where I can see day by day stats at the same time as weekly, monthly or yearly stats, I have trouble figuring out whether I am keeping my traffic on pace at the beginning of the month. All this was so easy to see on the old stats page. All this is now hidden.

I have seen the link given to previous posters, but I wonder how long will I have access to the information. I don’t mind WordPress updating things, but I don’t like having information taken away that I’ve come to rely on. Rearrange it for visibility. Add explanations or include options for hiding info if some bloggers don’t want to see it. But please don’t take it all away.

Thanks for your consideration.

All my best,
    Marie Gail

• I really miss the summery page at the top of the old stats page. On my iPhone, I always had to earn it though, because you put the link at the tail end of the newer stats pages. I just scrolled hurriedly through the first two pages to earn my ‘old stats page’ with the summery. Imagine my shock when it completely disappeared a couple of days ago. Is there any chance I’ll ever be able to find it again?

• Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• I want to see access to the old stats page restored. Access to the weekly and monthly averages were important for my educational blogs to see if students were using it when they were supposed to be.

I can appreciate that many people find the new format more appropriate for them, but the new format is absolutely useless to me because it doesn’t provide me with any of the information that I need.

• I totally agree with many people here. I am lost with the new version frankly speaking i hate it. There was a link at the bottom of this new version that offered the old version viewing i don´t know why you removed it? At least that way people had both options open. Please set up this option again I need it on a daily basis.
    Thanks

• I have another problem the post viewing in form of a table has disappeared I have no overview. I am lost in a jungle of post. I hope one can add a table view exactly like the one we had previously.
    Thanks.

• I am so happy you gave the link to the old page. Thank you VERY much for that. I’d begun looking into blogger.com. Really. Of course, there is no comparison.
    I’m a meat and potatoes kinda girl and I was have a lot of trouble with the new cake with sprinkles kinda stats page. Whew.
    Total relief to have found the stats page again.
    I mean this: I am completely delighted you have not completely eliminated the amazing old stats page. It is too valuable.

• Hi! I installet a Jetpack to use the stats of WP.com on WP.org, as Jonathan Sadowski said to me. And everything was great! But now, because of this or not I can’t replay any comment and nobody can`t write me a comment. I see this – ERROR: We detect suspicious activity from your network; to complete this action, please contact the forum administrator.
    But! I can’t contact Russian WP forum, coz a few years ago there was a very rude admin, who never helps and finally blocked me!!!

I’ve written everywhere I could, but didt get any feed back ;( I just dont know what to do! I dont think that its because of Jetpack. My hosting changing some program now and they say that maybe will be any technical problems, but I also not sure, that it`s because of this! My blog is absolutely ok!
    Could you give me some advice what to do, please?

• ERROR: We detect suspicious activity from your network; to complete this action, please contact the forum administrator.

That does not sound like a Jetpack related issue. I suggest talking to your hosting provider.

• The topic ‘Insights Page Feedback’ is closed to new replies.