Inserting Amazon html to make a picture and link

• Hi! I’m hopeless with IT and I need help please!! I’ve just got an html code from amazon which is intended to put onto my blog a picture of my book with a clickable link to direct users to the amazon site (to buy my book).
    However, I’ve pasted the html code into the side bar using the TEXT widget but it won’t save it? And thus I can’t display a picture of my book on my web site? I suspect I’m doing doing wrong or the coding needs changing a bit?
    Here’s the code I was given from Amazon:

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=tf_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=stevsscri-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00MKXSGQK&asins=B00MKXSGQK&linkId=&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true">
    </iframe>

The name of my book is Candyfloss Guitar and my blog I’m trying to attach it to is:
    http://stevescribble.com/

Can anyone help, it’s driving me crazy?
    Thanks
    Steve

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I’m sorry, but that embed code will not work because we do not allow certain tags on WordPress.com for security reasons, including JavaScript, Flash, iframe, form, and input tags. These restrictions are in place to prevent any disruptions in service due to potentially malicious code.

You can read more about this here:

Code

• Rootjosh
    Thanks for the response. Is there anyway the coding can be changed so it avoids the security issues but still does the same thing and links a picture of my book to Amazon? I’ve seen other wordpress.com sites that have links to there books on Amazon.
    If there are any html experts out there and know how to do this I’d really appreciate it?
    Thanks, Steve

• There is no way to make the ready-packaged version of that link that I am aware of. What I’m guessing that you have seen is someone taking the book image and linking it to amazon (and/or the amazon referral link) manually.

• @stevescribble, as @rootjosh says, the iframe code is not allowed here at this time.

In the past here at WordPress.com, those with their own books on Amazon have used a plain HTML affiliate link code from Amazon and then used that to link an image (book cover or Buy at Amazon button of some sort.

• @thesacredpath Could you explain to me how that process works pretty please? I often do book reviews on my blog, and I would love for my readers to be able to click on the book image and go directly to Amazon if they want to check the book out. Been raking my brains on how to do that though.

This is the blog I need help with
    thanks.

• @elenalinville – putting a link in a picture would be an Ad and would get your site suspended

An author can have a link from THEIR own book but not books written by others

you can however put a plain text link with an affiliate thing in it – as long as you have a real blog with real content

you should probably have a note somewhere that you have affiliate links in your blog – one of those truth in advertising things – not required but good practice

• Oh, I didn’t know that. I guess I will just have a plain text link to the book I review.

My blog is mostly about my own experience with writing, but I review books I like on Fridays as well.

I didn’t know it was an ad. I know that when I read a review and like the book, I appreciate it when I can click on the name and find the book, instead of going through Google.

• A text link is fine – put it at the end of the review with “Buy from Amazon” or something like that

• Perfect! Thank you for your help with that.

• You be welcome & good luck

• The topic ‘Inserting Amazon html to make a picture and link’ is closed to new replies.